Boswellia or frankincense, they both mean the same thing. It’s a name given to a tree found primarily in India and West Africa. Basically, it’s a healing herb that the Asian and the African folks have been using for centuries, even before there was any concrete evidence to support its health-related benefits. So, these guys didn’t sit around and wait for scientific studies to validate the health wonders attached to this miraculous herb.
Of course, today there is literate after literate that tells us how great Boswellia is. Whether you are aware of it or not, the ‘resin’ in this herb carries medicinal properties, which can treat an array of inflammatory diseases in human beings along with other health conditions. The precious resin is hardened and then processed into cosmetics and supplements. Today, we are have narrowed down the Boswellia supplements that are totally worth your money.
Best Boswellia Supplements & Reviews: 7 Top Brands
1. Herbal Secrets Boswellia Serrata Extract
Have you grown tired of taking painkillers? This Herbal Secrets Boswellia Serrata Extract can come to your rescue.From inflammation, pain, stiffness, arthritis, and more, this stuff works for almost everything. Although it’s available in a capsule form, it’s along the lines of other natural approaches that our forefathers used back in the days. Yes, this supplement has nothing but pure Boswellia extracts in it without artificial colors, flavors, or any other junk.
- The company hasn’t compromised on the quality. This herbal product is made in the USA and lab tested in a third-party facility.
- Given how effective it is, this herbal supplement is suggested by many health providers to treat inflammation.
- The bottle contains a generous number of capsules (120), which is almost four months of supply.
- Although nothing is shady about this product, the company doesn’t accept returns.
2. Pure Naturals Boswellia Extract
If you would like to buy Boswellia supplement without any fillers, you should definitely cast your eyes on the Pure Naturals Boswellia Extract. It’s more potent than other equivalent supplements, making it more effective than the rest. Seriously, this natural supplement will help you deal with pain like nobody’s business. A host of users had confirmed that they experienced a marked improvement in their pain, when every other product failed to help.
- No side-effects or addictions are linked to the use of this Boswellia supplement.
- It comes in the form of small soft gels, which are very easy to swallow.
- Hardly anyone has ever reported that this Boswellia supplement does nothing.
- This anti-inflammatory supplement is sold at a rather inexpensive price.
- It’s an herbal supplement. So, don’t expect immediately noticeable results.
3. Superior Labs Boswellia Extract
With unquestionable quality, this Boswellia extract is truly one of the finest products in its niche. It’s the purest, strongest, more effective, and most reasonably priced Boswellia product that you will find around. This thing has helped past users with horrible joint pains, allergies, stress-control, long-affected immunity, and a range of other ailments. Therefore, Superior Labs Boswellia Extract enjoys roaring success in the market. Thus far, these guys have sold millions of capsules, which should tell you how popular this product actually is.
- Each 600mg capsule has 65% Boswellia acids in it. So, you have to consume only two capsules a day.
- No bad fillers are stuffed into this herbal product. Better still, it doesn’t have heavy metals in it.
- Given how inexpensive it is, you are spending very less for good health gains.
- You shouldn’t be taking it with your current medications without consulting a doctor.
4. NOW Supplements, Boswellia Extract
The NOW Supplements, Boswellia Extract is one of the best natural pain killers for pain management. Pain relief aside, it supports our immunity as well to help us conquer illnesses and infections like a boss. Basically, it’s a very well-rounded herbal product that’s soy, egg, dairy, and gluten-free. Another good aspect of this Boswellia supplement is that it’s made in the USA. It’s a family-owned business too.
- There’s500 mg of Boswellia Extract in each pill. Yet, the pills are easy to swallow.
- It’s a safer and natural alternative to expensive prescribed medications.
- Judging by the myriad of customer reviews, it’s safe to state that most people respond well to this herbal supplement.
- There are no annoying side-effects linked to the use of NOW Supplements, Boswellia Extract.
- If you are taking it with other pills, it won’t be possible for you to isolate the benefits you are getting solely from this product.
5. Bulksupplements Boswellia Serrata Extract Powder
Anyone who has to deal with serious or non-serious inflammation should consider this Boswellia Extra powder without any hesitations. This herbal supplement is far better than your pharmaceutical garbage. Plus, it has strong and pure ingredients in it that can help treat chronic pain and inflammation too. Additionally, you will be able to feel the difference in some areas of your health within the first week itself.
- This Boswellia Extract at 65%, is far more effective and better than brands with 90% extract or even more.
- Unlike other Boswellia Extra powders in the market, this powder doesn’t have any chemicals in it.
- The powder is very fine, and it will dissolve pretty quickly in any warm liquid of your choice.
- Unlike other powdered supplements, this product doesn’t taste bland. It’s slightly sweet, exactly the way most of us would prefer.
- This Boswellia Extra powder is made in China. On the bright side of things, it’s lab-tested in the USA for its purity and quality.
- You will have to be careful with the zipper bag for it to last till the supply gets over.
6. Premium Boswellia Serrata Extract
If you need help with persistent body pain and inflammation, you owe it to yourself to take a look at the Premium Boswellia Serrata Extract. Made from transparent ingredients that are clearly printed on the label, this thing is lab tested for its efficiency. Even though Boswellia extract is not FDA approved by any means, this product is developed in an FDA approved and GMP compliant facility,
- The company has included the highest quality of Boswellia extract in this product from the third harvest of the gum resin.
- Those suffering from inflammation have commented that this product made them feel better with each passing day.
- Even those who have tried other products before using this Boswellia brand have high regards for this premium product.
- This product is manufactured by a trustworthy and well-respected company based in the USA.
- Email exchanges with the company will tell you that they really care about their customers.
- You might not like the size of the capsules. By all standards, it’s fairly large.
7. Swanson Boswellia Extract
If you are looking to give Boswellia a try, the Swanson Boswellia Extract is worth a consideration on any given day of the week. This product is great for those who are suffering from chronic discomfort. The ingredients in the product do a wonderful job at inhibiting pain and inflammation—a piece of information confirmed by boatloads of people who have tried this product. The best part is that it works without any adverse effects on the body. Not to mention that Swanson is the leading brand in the supplement industry.
- The asking price is for a pack of 2 bottles. And, each capsule contains 400mg of Boswellia extract.
- The pills smell very fresh, which will tell you how pure and natural the pills are.
- They come cheap. At the same time, they work just as good if not better than your traditional painkillers.
- It takes a little while to work. But the results it offers makes it totally worth the wait.
Factors to Consider before buying a Boswellia Supplement
Single Ingredient Product
In today’s age and time, Boswellia supplements are formulated with a host of different ingredients. Secondary ingredients are usually added in the mix to improve the quality, taste, flavor, or shelf life of the product. Of course, the Boswellia extract remains the chief ingredient. But then, the best ones out there are the ones that feature only Boswellia with nothing added in the mix. Also, it has been cited that Boswellia supplement works better in the form of a pill as opposed to a powder. However, if you dislike swallowing pills, you can opt for a powdered version of Boswellia supplement.
For the most part, Boswellia supplements are safe. They rarely carry any nasty side-effects as long the company has been transparent about the ingredients. While choosing a Boswellia supplement, make sure that it’s free from artificial colors and flavors. Also, ensure that the product has zero preservatives or any other heavy metals in it. Better yet, choose a reputed USA-made brand over others for the sake of quality assurance. Usually, good brands do a lab testing of their supplements for authenticity and purity inspection. So, you won’t go wrong by choosing a well-made and naturally formulated product from a well-known brand.
For a Boswellia supplement to be effective, you should derive a sufficient amount of Boswellia from each pill or serving of the supplement. Any pill/serving with dosage below 300 mg won’t be very effective. To make it work for your body, you will have to consume more pills. As such, most companies do mention the amount of Boswellia extract present in each pill/serving. So, you won’t have to do ground-breaking research to figure this thing out. Just make sure to read the product specs carefully to ensure that you are not getting a highly under-dozed supplement.
Benefits of Boswellia Supplement
Boswellia is a dream herb. It can give even your age-old turmeric a good fight. In fact, it can stand next to any herb with profound health benefits and still shine like gold. It truly has significant health benefits. Let’s look at them:
-Studies after studies have shown that Boswellia can lower chronic inflammation and pain.
-It’s also found to be useful in treating asthma, osteoarthrosis, and severe joints pains.
-Because of the anti-inflammatory properties, it speeds up the healing process too.
-Boswellia supplements can also play a very instrumental role in boosting our immune system.
-By boosting our immune system, it can help us combat bacteria, viruses, and other toxins.
-The positive effects of Boswellia supplements have been linked with liver stimulation, hemorrhoids, and vaginal discharges.
-Boswellia extract is also found to be helpful in the following condition: vaginal discharges, irregular menses, and jaundice.
-Other claims surrounding this herbal product state that it can help reduce brain edema, migraines, and headaches.
-Boswellia supplements can also improve your overall mood and health in general.
-In some reliable studies, it’s proven to help with diarrhea, ringworm, fevers, bronchitis, skin, and blood diseases.
-Upcoming studies point out that Boswellia can inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
-Studies have also shown that Boswellia can help individuals who have Type II Diabetes.
Keep in mind that some of the studies supporting the health-benefits attached to Boswellia need further scientific backing. But then, the statements above are actually based on a certain degree of evidence because they have been well-studied by the researchers.
Side-Effects of Boswellia Supplement
Some of the known side-effects of Boswellia supplementation include abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, acid reflux, and skin rashes. Boswellia supplements can also interact with aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory drugs that you may be currently taking. In worst-case scenario, it can also be the prime reason for miscarriage. Therefore, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not consume any supplement containing Boswellia extract.
As newer studies continue to support this herbal gem for its health benefits, have you added Boswellia supplement to your shopping cart yet? If you are still on the fence, you are missing out on a lot of health benefits. That said, speak to your family doctor first if you are looking to add it to your current treatment plan to be absolutely sure that it’s 100% safe for you.