Archaeological archives show that people have been brewing green tea leaves for generations. In a way, our ancestors were way ahead of their time. They long knew the benefits of green tea even before there was any science to separate fact from fiction. As expected from the people of that era, they simply stuck to their roots. Of course, there was no Internet or Starbucks to fuel any changes in them. Apparently, the last few decades of research support the health-boosting properties of green tea, which tells us that they were actually on the right health track.
A part of the green tea appeal has also expanded its family. From sencha to genmaicha, and more, the green tea family is continually growing. Of late, the consumption of decaf green tea has ballooned like never before. As the name suggests, decaf green tea is a type of green tea with no caffeine in it. Since caffeine raises health concerns, folks are seen drifting towards decaf green tea for improved health and longevity. Today, we have compiled the list of decaf green teas that you could possibly find around.
7 Best Decaf Green Teas & Reviews
1. Bigelow Decaffeinated Green Tea 4
If you are sold to the well-documented health benefits of green tea, you should certainly take a shot at this decaffeinated green tea. This product has long been the favorite choice among tens and hundreds of green tea lovers out there. It’s organic, it’s cheap, it’s not full of toxins, and it’s satisfying to drink. Given the product quality, you will look forward to drinking this antioxidant-packed green tea for several years and beyond, knowing that you will be doing your health a great favor.
- The Bigelowgreen tea tastes fantastic when mixed with honey. In fact, it doesn’t taste bitter without any sweetener in it.
- It’s not loaded with caffeine like your regular tea or coffee. So, it’s good for those who can’t tolerate a high dose of caffeine.
- Other reviewers have also fallen heads over heels for this decaffeinated green tea. This decaf green tea has truly left its mark.
- You won’t always find the Bigelow Decaffeinated Green Tea 4 in most departmental stores.
2. Lipton Green Tea, Decaffeinated
If you would like to enjoy all the health merits of green tea with the added benefit of a refreshingly tasty drink, feel free to pull the trigger on the Lipton Green Tea. Seriously, this decaffeinated green tea has the best flavor for a product of this nature with zero caffeine in it. And, it has got all the antioxidants in it that you are looking for. Believe it or not; this product is so popular that it sells out quickly in most local stores out there that house this product.
- It’s full of antioxidants, fat burning, and metabolism-boosting properties. Moreover, this green tea is sold in three different flavors.
- Since it’s decaffeinated, you can drink it even at night and not run into sleep issues.
- For green tea, the taste is actually pretty good. You won’t even feel the need to add anything for taste enhancement.
- The packaging of the Lipton Green Tea is spot on. The company truly understands the importance of freshness.
- If you allow the tea bag to sit in the cup for longer than what is recommended, the tea might taste a little too strong.
- The packaging is such that you will have to unwrap each tea bag individually. There’s certainly room for packaging improvement.
3. Choice Organic Teas Decaffeinated Green Tea
Are you looking to lead a healthy life by cutting all the caffeine from your life? This decaffeinated green tea will give you plenty of health benefits without caffeine. Not to mention that this green tea is gluten-free, GMO-free, and made in the USA. All the product ingredients are pure and natural too. Yes, this thing doesn’t have fake fragrance or flavoring in it.
- Unlike other green tea, the Choice Organic tea doesn’t have a bitter and nasty taste to it.
- It’s good to know that this green tea box is made from 100% recyclable material.
- It smells fresh upon arrival. You will be able to tell that the company pays attention to all the details.
- The company doesn’t entertain returns, which appears to be a surprising thing for a brand of this quality.
4. Luzianne Decaffeinated Green Tea
Are you looking to switch to a decaffeinated green tea? Well done! You are on the right track to a healthy living. The Luzianne Decaffeinated Green Tea has very little sugar, way less caffeine, and all the health benefits of a typical green tea. For a green tea, it doesn’t taste that bad too. Basically, it will let you enjoy your morning drink without any guilt.
- It comes in family size iced tea bags and not individual bags. So, it’s perfect for making a large batch of tea at one time.
- Decaffeinated green tea usually cost more. But, this Luzianne is priced along the lines of your regular green tea.
- If you listen to the reviewers, you will truly fall for this product. Yes, this tea product has received loads of positive reviews.
- Of course, this won’t taste like your restaurant tea. That said, it tastes fine without sugar too.
5. Davidson’s Tea Bulk, Decaf Green
This is one of the top-selling decaf tea on the market today. For those who don’t know, the company behind this tea product has been in the business for decades. Right from the quality, taste, packaging, and everything else in between, the Davidson’s Tea Decaf Green is substantially better than other comparable options. Thus far, they have sold tens and thousands of tea bags to the masses. Seriously, this tea product sells better than hot pancakes.
- The included tea leaves can be brewed more than once to get great value for your precious dollars.
- The taste is clean and fresh, without being overly sweet or utterly bitter, which is actually a good thing.
- Kudos to the packaging too. The tea leaves come in a nicely sealed zip lock bag for perfect storage.
- The Davidson’s Tea has received an endless amount of enticing public reviews.
- It’s a 16-ounce bag. It would be great if they make this thing available in smaller packages.
6. Yogi Tea – Green Tea Pure Green Decaf
If you are after an organic decaf green tea that no relationship with China, you should consider this Yogi Green Decaf tea without any second or third thoughts. For health reasons, it can’t get any better than this. It has a bunch of natural things in it that can help you maintain a stronger immunity than before. Better still, this antioxidant-rich tea will also assist you with digestive functions. Additionally, it can help you not gain extra weight.
- Even tea-snobs will agree that this is a better tasting decaffeinated drink than what you can get in the market today.
- According to many users, this green tea is a great solution to boost the weight loss treatment in a healthy fashion.
- The company will ship six boxes at a time, which is good for green tea stockers.
- Of course, this green tea won’t cure all your health problems. That said, you will surely witness some benefits with regular use.
7. Stash Tea Decaf Premium Green Tea
In this day and age, where it’s hard to find an all-natural green tea without caffeine and other junk, the Stash Tea Decaf Green Tea is a welcoming change. Whether you know it or not, the ingredients for this green tea is sourced from the best places around the world and blended in the USA. This herbal product scores full marks in the area of aroma, taste, and price. As other product reviewers have said, this thing is really decaf green tea at its finest.
- Each box contains 100 individual tea bags. For non-heavy tea drinkers, the stock will easily last for a few months.
- This decaf green tea has a good balance of taste, smell, and flavor like no other similar tea product out there.
- The company provides a subscription option that allows you to get the product at a lower than usual price.
- Off late, they have changed the product packaging. According to many users, the previous product packaging was better.
Factors to Consider when Shopping for the Decaf Green Tea
The production process removes some of the antioxidants present in the green tea, which is not a good thing by any means. But then, not all the antioxidants are lost in the manufacturing process. That said, avoid products that don’t have any in them. It’s probably not worth your money because you won’t be getting the desired health benefits in the absence of antioxidants in the green tea.
2. Avoid Bulk Orders
Just because there’s a sale on a particular brand of your choice, don’t make the classic mistake of ordering decaffeinated green in bulk. Decaf green tea remains ‘fresh’ only up to a certain period of time. When it’s not fresh, your body won’t get all the benefits that it’s supposed to get. So, reorder only when you run low on your existing supply.
3. Check User Reviews
Even though decaf green tea is supposed to be good for your health, its health-benefits really depend on how well-made the product is. You can easily gauge the product’s effectiveness by taking a look at the product reviews. It will provide you a true picture like nothing else out there. It goes without saying; choose a product that has received the least number of negative reviews and has zero to minor side-effects.
4. Go for Good Brands
Nowadays, loads of companies are trying to join the green tea bandwagon to make some quick bucks. The generic brands really suck. The tea quality is not at par. Worse yet, they won’t accept returns from genuine customers. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to stick with well-known tea brands that actually care about their customers. This is your only sure-fire way to protect your small investment on the product.
Benefits of Decaf Green Tea
When taken regularly, a cup of green tea can do a lot of good for your health. That said, let’s familiarize ourselves with all the health benefits attached to the consumption of decaf green tea.
-Since a decaf green tea is mostly caffeine-free, it won’t mess up your sleep as other teas do.
-Many researchers have confirmed that decaf green tea can reduce anxiety as well.
-It has become a known fact that the presence of L-theanine in green tea can improve mental focus.
-It also has a mineral by the name of Fluoride in it, which is good for dental health.
-A decaf green tea has slimming effects too. It increases body metabolism, allowing our body to burn more fat than usual.
-A study done in 2016 claimed that green tea could reduce the chances of developing prostate cancer.
-A series of studies have cited that green tea can lower the risk of cardiovascular issues.
-Preliminary studies also voice out that it can be helpful in treating skin conditions.
-People with Type II diabetes can also benefit from the consumption of decaf green tea.
-A research done in 2011 suggests that green tea has anti-inflammatory benefits. As a result, it can benefit people with arthritis.
-A Japanese study has pointed out that it can help promote cognitive function.
Caffeine in Decaf Green Tea
Contrary to popular belief, decaf green teas are not 100% caffeine-free. But, the caffeine dose is very less in them compared to your regular green tea or any other type of tea out there. Statistically speaking, a cup of decaf green tea will have around two milligrams of caffeine in it. Keep in mind that your regular green tea has around twenty to thirty milligrams of caffeine in it. As you can tell, the caffeine difference is like night and day.
What’s also worth mentioning over here is that some caffeine is preserved on purpose during the caffeine extraction process to keep the health-beneficial components of the tea intact. Therefore, caffeine is selectively warded off from the tea and not entirely discarded during the decaffeination process. That said, some decaf teas may have higher than advertised caffeine content in them due to the lack of regulation in the area of decaf health claims.
Decaf Green Tea Warnings
Not many people out there may be aware of the fact that the decaffeinated process not only removes caffeine from the green tea, but it also removes a lot of antioxidants from it. Believe it or not, reports suggest that almost one third or even half of the antioxidants gets removed during the decaffeinated process. This means that the production process takes away a lot of health benefits that we are hoping to get from decaf green tea. That said, it’s still a better alternative to other teas around us. You may not get to enjoy a lion share of health benefits, but it would still offer you profound health benefits.
As you can tell by now, there’s no major harm in drinking decaf green tea. On the contrary, it can do wonders to your health. Just keep an eye on the caffeine content. Not to mention, don’t add sugar, cream, and other stuff to it, or else things can get murky. Frankly speaking, you will ruin some of the tea’s good effects. Of course, it would still be better than Red Bull or Coke. However, a decaf green tea would be healthier on any given day of the week with nothing added to it.
Decaf green tea throws most of the caffeine out of the window because naturally occurring caffeine is removed during the decaffeination process. Therefore, it’s an excellent way to enjoy your tea without suffering from any of the side-effects linked with caffeine.
Researchers are absolutely sure that decaf green tea has metabolism-boosting properties, causing you to burn more calories than usual. So, it has weight loss inducing properties. Not to mention that most decaf green teas have very low to zero calories in them.
Generally speaking, decaf green tea is safe to drink during pregnancy, provided you are sure of how the tea is made because not all decaf green teas are completely caffeine-free. Also, you shouldn’t be drinking decaf green tea daily. Twice or thrice a week would do no harm even during pregnancy.