Testosterone is a hormone naturally produced in men and women.
It is responsible for growing muscle mass, healthy bones, and developing strong red blood cell counts. It also helps develop greater sex drive and plays an important role in producing healthy sperm counts and better overall mood (1).
While most people associate testosterone as a male hormone produced in the testicles, women also produce testosterone in smaller quantities via the ovaries.
The best testosterone boosters help to increase levels of testosterone in the body, and when taken alongside a structured workout routine, can make building muscle mass to the next level (2).
Testosterone booster supplements also help counteract the negative side effects of low testosterone levels in the body. These include moodiness, low sex drive, feelings of depression, weight gain, low self-esteem, and feeling lethargic (3).
Below we compare the best testosterone boosters on the market, so that you can quickly and easily select the supplement that will boost testosterone levels as you see fit.
Each of these leading testosterone supplements will increase testosterone levels, build muscle mass, improve sex drive, boost energy levels, and create an anabolic state that will aid weight loss.
Top 10 Testosterone Boosters
- Prime Male Test Booster
- Testolab Fuel
- EVL Test Testosterone Booster
- Prime-T Testosterone Booster
- Centra Peak Vitality Booster
- Alpha JYM Test Booster
- EVL Z-Matrix
- Universal Nutrition Animal Stak
Top 10 Testosterone Boosters
Here at BigBlueTest.org we compare and review all of the best testosterone boosters so that you can pick the testosterone booster supplements that are right for you.
Our in-house team of athletic performance experts tested each of the testosterone boosters on our top 10 list. Each contains FDA-approved ingredients that will help you to build lean muscle mass and accelerate muscle growth.
Leading our list of the 10 testosterone booster supplements is Testogen. Testogen is a daily testosterone supplement that increases testosterone levels and counteracts natural T Level reduction in the body.Check Price
Testogen contains a wide range of testosterone enhancing ingredients, including; 2,352mg of d-aspartic acid, 200mg of magnesium, 50mcg of Vitamin D3, 40mg nettle leaf extract, 50mg ginseng extract, 40mg of fenugreek extract, Vitamin K1, Vitamin B6, zinc, boron, and piperine.
This potent mix of testosterone boosters help to create a range of superb benefits when supplementing with Testogen.
- Improved muscle growth and strength gain – help build lean muscle mass and get you lifting heavier and longer.
- Shift stubborn body fat – gets you set up to smash weight loss plateaus and burn fat faster.
- Physical and mental sharpness – you will feel mentally and physically sharper, having a positive impact in and out of the gym.
- Heightened sex drive and sexual performance – the feeling of being ‘too tired’ will be long gone thanks to a heightened sex drive.
Testogen is a testosterone booster supplement that you take daily. It contains 100% natural ingredients and has zero side effects. Testogen also comes with a free e-book that walks you through various strength training guides and testosterone benefits.
There is also free worldwide shipping, and a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your results.
- Contains 2,352mg of d-aspartic acid, 200mg of magnesium, 50mcg of Vitamin D3, 40mg nettle leaf extract, 50mg ginseng extract, 40mg of fenugreek extract, Vitamin K1, Vitamin B6, zinc, boron, and piperine
- Increase lean muscle mass, blitz body fat, improve sex drive, and feel mentally sharper
- 100% money-back guarantee, free worldwide shipping
- Take 4 capsules each morning
Next on our list of the best testosterone boosters is Testofuel. Testofuel sits at the heart of the bodybuilding community and is used by top bodybuilders like Robby Robinson (2x Mr. World and 2x Mr. America).Check Price
Testofuel contains a unique blend of potent T Level enhancing natural ingredients. These include; 2,300mg of d-aspartic acid, Vitamin D3, 100mg of oyster extract, 100mg of ginseng, 100mg of fenugreek, 200mg of magnesium, 5mg of Vitamin B6, 18mcg of Vitamin K2, and 10mg of zinc.
Much like Testogen, which has similar levels of key natural ingredients, Testofuel has a range of amazing benefits for anyone suffering from depleted T Levels.
- Powerful muscle growth
- Increase strength and energy levels when you workout
- Better mood and self-esteem
- Improved sex drive
As your body’s natural testosterone levels begin to drop, your body’s ability to regulate fat metabolism, glucose, and insulin. This leads to weight gain and unwanted stubborn body fat. Low testosterone levels also reduce natural protein synthesis, which builds muscle.
On top of this, increased body fat also produces aromatase, an enzyme that can convert natural testosterone in the body into estradiol – the main form of estrogen.
Testogen increases testosterone levels and provides a zinc shot, which helps to reduce estrogen and increase T Levels back into a green zone where muscle building and protein synthesis can occur.
Like other top testosterone supplements, Testogen has free worldwide shipping and a 100% money back guarantee. It is also made from 100% natural ingredients.
- Contains 2,300mg of d-aspartic acid, Vitamin D3, 100mg of oyster extract, 100mg of ginseng, 100mg of fenugreek, 200mg of magnesium, 5mg of Vitamin B6, 18mcg of Vitamin K2, and 10mg of zinc
- Build muscle, increase sex drive, enhance mood and self-esteem, reduce estrogen
- 100% money back guarantee, free worldwide shipping
- Take 4 capsules each morning
3. Prime Male Test Booster
While Testogen and Testofuel are excellent testosterone boosters for anyone looking to seriously ramp up T Levels in the body, Prime Male offers a slightly lower dosage formula that is better suited to everyday athletic performance as opposed to bodybuilding.Check Price
Prime Male Test Booster contains 1,600mg of d-aspartic acid, 120mg of ginseng, and 5mg of boron. Prime Male also contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Vitamin B6, 100mg of magnesium, 30mg of zinc, as well as nettle root extract, and black pepper extract.
This potent blend has a lower dosage of d-aspartic acid, and half the levels of magnesium compared to Testofuel and Testogen. With that said, it has a well balanced dosage level of a number of natural testosterone boosting ingredients. Including boron, Korean ginseng, and nettle root extract.
If you are looking for a well-round T Level booster that is made from 100% natural ingredients, here’s how it will help.
- Carefully designed for total testosterone level support – Prime Male supports strength in every day life as opposed to the gym. This supportive T Level supplement will give you everything your body needs
- Naturally build muscle and create lean muscle mass – if you are exercising regularly, Prime Male will give your body increased testosterone to help build muscle and encourage protein synthesis
- Fight the signs of ageing – as natural T Levels start to deplete when you turn 30, Prime Male will pick up the slack and keep your body operating as it should
- Make you feel stronger and more energized – you’ll notice all round lifestyle benefits, including a heightened sex drive, better energy levels, increased strength, and improved self esteem
While Prime Male is not the best bodybuilding testosterone booster on our list, it is one of the best testosterone booster supplements for the everyday man, who wants to maintain healthy levels of testosterone each and every day.
With a 100% money-back guarantee, and free worldwide shipping, it rightly fully sits high on our best testosterone booster list.
- Contains 1,600mg of d-aspartic acid, 120mg of ginseng, and 5mg of boron. Prime Male also contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Vitamin B6, 100mg of magnesium, 30mg of zinc, as well as nettle root extract, and black pepper extract
- Every support for modern men who are looking to increase T Levels to support a healthier, all round lifestyle
- 100% money back guarantee, worldwide shipping
- Take 4 capsules each morning
4. Testolab Fuel
Next on our list of the best testosterone boosters is Testolab Fuel. Testolab Fuel is a testosterone supplement designed for bodybuilding. But it contains a different blend of ingredients and dosages to other T Level enhancers on our list.Check Price
Testofuel contains 600mg of d-aspartic acid, 600mg of ashwagandha extract, 300mg of mucuna pruriens extract, 60mg of luteolin, 50mg of Vitamin D, 50mg of Vitamin K1/K2, 50mg of magnesium, 30mg of zinc, and 6mg of boron.
The key differentiating ingredients included in Testolab are ashwagandha and Mucuna Pruriens. Mucuna Pruriens are a bean that has been used for centuries in herbal practices around the world for its ability to enhance masculinity, sex drive, virility and vigor.
Similarly, ashwagandha is a medicinal herb that boosts testosterone levels, while reducing anxiety, stress, and depression.
Here is a breakdown of Testolab key benefits.
- Restore missing vitamins and minerals that help enhance T Levels
- Stop testosterone converting to estrogen
- Create new T Level production pathways
The resulting impact on the body is enhancements in testosterone levels that help to increase muscle size, muscle strength, stress resistance, athletic performance, sex drive, sperm count, semen volume, confidence, bone strength, and fat loss.
While Testolab Fuel has a lower dosage of d-aspartic acid, it does include higher dosages of other key T Level producing ingredients. If you are looking for a testosterone booster than has a lower acidic content, then this supplement is for you.
- Contains 5 cutting edge ingredients: ashwagandha, mucuna pruriens, luteolin, d-aspartic acid, and a NutriGenesis blend (zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K)
- 100% natural ingredients, plant-based, third-party tested
- Worldwide Shipping
- 4x capsules per day, 2x in the morning, 2x in the afternoon
5. EVL Test Testosterone Booster
Up next on our list of the best testosterone levels is Evlution Nutritions EVL Test Testosterone Booster. EVL Test is a super concentrated d-aspartic acid supplement that will help to skyrocket your natural testosterone production.Check Price
EVL Test contains; 3,120mg of d-aspartic acid, 750mg of tribulus terrestris, 500mg of fenugreek seeds, and 250mg of diindolylmethane (DIM). EVL Test also contains zing, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, and magnesium.
EVL Test is a fully dosed testosterone supplement that helps to create a healthy hormone balance, reduce estrogen conversion, and boost energy levels. EVL Test has also been shown to improve sleep quality, and improve post-workout recovery after big power lifting sessions.
If you are a bodybuilder looking for a heavy dosage T Supplement then EVL Test is your best option on the market.
- High dose testosterone booster
- Balances hormones, increasing natural T levels and reducing estrogen conversion
- Helps to build lean muscle, and stop the production of estrogen from fat cells
- Improves sleep, reduced post-workout fatigue, and improves sex drive
- Take 4 capsules each morning
6. Prime-T Testosterone Booster
Like EVL Test, the Prime-T Testosterone Booster contains a large amount of d-aspartic acid and is well suited to serious bodybuilders and power athletes.Check Price
Also containing a heavy dose of fenugreek seed extract, safed musli extract, and boron citrate, this is a heavy hitting T Level supplement that will give you everything you need to send your testosterone levels soaring.
Prime-T contains; 3,200mg of d-aspartic acid, 500mg of fenugreek seed extract, 250mg of safed musli extract, 100mg of boron citrate. All of which help to boost T levels and help the body add muscle mass.
Prime-T also contains; 300mg of maca extract, 250mg of DIM, as well as Vitamin D, Vitamin B3, folate, Vitamin B12, and zinc.
Like other brands on our best testosterone booster list, Prime-T helps to supports naturally occurring free testosterone levels, build lean muscle mass, strong bones, healthy red blood cells and increased sex drive.
- 3,200mg of d-aspartic acid, 500mg of fenugreek seed extract, 250mg of safed musli extract, 100mg of boron citrate
- Clean active nutrition with zero side effects or harmful chemicals
- Helps to support natural testosterone levels, build lean muscle, and support recovery
- Take 4 capsules each morning
7. Centra Peak Vitality Booster
If you are looking for a testosterone booster that is a little bit easier on the dosage, then Centra Peak Vitality Booster is likely for you.Check Price
Centra Peak Vitality Booster contains nowhere near the dosage levels of other leading T Level supplements that primarily target the bodybuilding space.
In fact, Centra Peak Vitality Booster does not contain any d-aspartic acid, which is the main ingredient found in most testosterone boosters.
Centra Peak Vitality Booster contains; 82.5mcg of Vitamin B3, 500mg of ashwagandha, 100mg of rhoidola rosea, 75mg of mucuna pruriens, 100mg of Korean ginseng, 50mg of luteolin, 100mg of phosphatidylserine, 10,g of bioperine, and 10mg of boron. On top of this, the supplement contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2, zinc, magnesium, and Indole-3-Carbinol.
As you can see, Centra Peak is focused around a wide range of T Level enhancing ingredients, with particular focus on Vitamin B3, ashwagandha, and rhodiola rosea.
These naturally occuring ingredients will gently raise testosterone levels, helping to support a healthy sex drive (and increased libido), renewed energy levels, improved mental sharpness, and enhanced strength and stamina.
If you are looking for a gentle testosterone booster that packs the right punch, choose Centra Peak.
- Contains 82.5mcg of Vitamin B3, 500mg of ashwagandha, 100mg of rhoidola rosea, 75mg of mucuna pruriens, 100mg of Korean ginseng, 50mg of luteolin, 100mg of phosphatidylserine, 10,g of bioperine, and 10mg of boron
- Lower dosage testosterone booster that gently balances hormones, increases sex drive, and supports healthy physical and mental balance
- 100% quality assured
- Take 1x capsules 3x per day with food
8. Alpha JYM Test Booster
Next on our list of the best testosterone boosters is Alpha JYM Test Booster. This testosterone support is another more gentle supplement that can get you feeling back to your best.Check Price
Alpha JYM Test Booster includes 500mg of Fenugreek Seed Extract, 500mg of Damiana Leef Extract, 500mg of Ashwagandha root extract, 100mg of Tongkat alli Extract, 250mg of Quercetin, and 250mg of Diindolylmethane (DIM).
This potent mix of T Level enhancers is specifically designed for older men who are looking to rejuvenate their bodies with testosterone. Especially those looking to build muscle, boost strength and endurance, shed body fat and regain a lost competitive edge.
Alpha JYM Test Booster works works by:
- Increasing the bodies natural testosterone production
- Rebalancing hormones by reducing estrogen
- Increasing antioxidant levels
- Freeing up natural T Levels
While Alpha JYM Test Booster works does not contain the high dosages of D-Aspartic Acid found in other leading T Level Boosters, it does contain a potent blend of six awesome testosterone enhancing ingredients.
- High dosages of six key testosterone boosting ingredients (500mg of Fenugreek Seed Extract, 500mg of Damiana Leef Extract, 500mg of Ashwagandha root extract, 100mg of Tongkat alli Extract, 250mg of Quercetin, and 250mg of Diindolylmethane (DIM))
- Helps to support proper hormones balance leading to overall health benefits
- Vegetarian capsules, 100% natural ingredients
- Take 3x capsules with a meal 2x per day
9. EVL Z-Matrix
Next on our list of the best testosterone boosters is Evlution Nutritions Z-Matrix. EVL Z-Matrix is not strictly a testosterone booster, but a general supplement that can help to boost performance and aid workout recovery.Check Price
Most leading T Level boosters contain D-Aspartic Acid, Fenugreek Seed Extract and other ingredients high in testosterone stimulants. However, EVL Z-Matrix only contains 200mg of L-Theanine and 5mg of Black Pepper Fruit Extract.
Instead, Z-Matrix is packed full of 450mg of Magnesium, 100mg of Folic Acid, 30mg of Zinc, as well as Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B6.
This focus on Magnesium, Zinc, and L-Theanine helps to relax the body post-workout, and aid in intense recovery. This includes helping the body to get better sleep.
If you are looking for a post-workout recovery supplement that will naturally increase testosterone, whilst helping you recover faster, Z-Matrix is for you.
- 450mg of Magnesium, 200mg of L-Theanine, and 5mg of Black Pepper Extract
- Helps to aid post-workout recovery and help the body get a better nights rest
- Shown to help muscles recovery faster, strengthen the immune system and increase testosterone
- Take 4x capsules per day
10. Universal Nutrition Animal Stak
Sneaking in to our list of the best testosterone boosters is Universal Nutrition’s Animal Stak. Animal Stak usually sits at the top of our best pro-hormone lists, but it is not for the faint hearted.Check Price
Animal Stak contains a potent mix of anabolic hormones that help to boost testosterone, increase HGH, reduce aromatase, boost thermogenic onset and more.
The testosterone boosting element of Animal Stak includes; 1,500mg of Tribulus Terrestris Extract, Eurycoma Longifolia, Fenugreek Seed Extract, Stinging Nettle Root, and Maca Root Extract.
This powerful blend of testosterone boosting ingredients will work with the wide range of other pro-hormone ingredients to send your testosterone levels soaring.
Animal Stak has been specially formulated for serious gym goers, bodybuilders, and power athletes who are looking to increase testosterone, and human growth hormone, while regulated aromatase. Each helping to add serious lean muscle mass, bulk, size and strength.
If you are looking for a powerful and complete, all-around, natural anabolic hormone support then you cannot go wrong with Animal Stak.
- Powerful and complete, all-around, natural anabolic hormone support
- Testosterone boosting complex includes; 1,500mg of Tribulus Terrestris Extract, Eurycoma Longifolia, Fenugreek Seed Extract, Stinging Nettle Root, and Maca Root Extract
- Also supports HGH production and regulated aromatase
- Take 1 pack per day
Testosterone Booster Guide
Now that we have walked you through the top 10 best testosterone boosters on the market, let’s switch focus.
We have compiled our ultimate guide to testosterone boosters, that includes everything you need to know about boosting T Levels through supplementation. This includes what testosterone boosters are, how they work, and how they can benefit you.
Our ultimate guide also runs through potential side effects, our top tips, and the foods that provide you with a natural testosterone booster.
Let’s get started.
What Are Testosterone Boosters?
The best testosterone boosters help to naturally increase free testosterone production in the body, they do this by stimulating testosterone production and release.
In doing so, testosterone boosters help to regulate natural hormone levels which diminish in men after the age of 30.
Alongside stimulating testosterone production and release, T Level supplements help to block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, rebalance cortisol levels, kill free radicals in the blood, and support protein synthesis (4).
This mix of important factors helps to support healthy lean muscle building, stronger bones and red blood cell counts, enhance sex drive, increase sperm count, and improve self esteem.
How Do Testosterone Boosters Work?
The best testosterone booster supplements are packed full of ingredients that pay pivotal roles in both increasing testosterone levels naturally, as well as blocking the conversion of testosterone into estrogen.
As men age, testosterone production starts to stall and fall away, causing the body to produce less testosterone naturally. In addition, as body fat continues to accumulate in later life (as metabolic rate slows down), increased body fat causes the production of aromatase (5).
Aromatase is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into estradiol. Estradiol is the main form of estrogen in men and women. This hormone imbalance creates a flywheel which leads to further decreases in testosterone (6).
The best testosterone boosters aim to counteract this process by helping the body to formulate more testosterone naturally. They also rebalance hormones and stop unwanted aromatase production cycles.
Testosterone Booster Ingredients
While no two testosterone boosting supplements are the same, you will notice that the majority of T Level supplements contain a mix of similar ingredients, all with differing dosage levels.
If you are looking for a testosterone supplement to boost athletic performance, then pick a bodybuilding T Level booster that contains heavy doses.
Alternatively, if you are someone who is looking to rebalance normal hormone levels, or counteract signs of ageing on your body, then pick a lower dosage booster that is better suited to your goals.
Here we walk you through how each of the ingredients helps to support testosterone production, and why you should think about including it within your T Level booster.
D-Aspartic Acid is a naturally occurring amino acid that boosts the production of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and growth hormone (7).
This sequence of hormone production that starts in the brain, filters down to increased testosterone production in the testicles.
Many of the best testosterone boosters include D-Aspartic Acid in their supplements, with dosage levels ranging from 500mg through to 3,000mg+.
D-Aspartic Acid has also been seen to support testosterone transportation around the body.
Fenugreek is a herb that is most commonly associated with naturally increasing sex drive and libido. Though it has also been shown to enhance testosterone production.
The main compound found in Fenugreek is called furostanolic saponins and it is this compound that is thought to help T Level production in men (8).
Many of the best natural T Level supplements include dosages of 500mg of fenugreek to help improve libido and testosterone production.
Almost all of the best testosterone boosters contain Vitamin D. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that humans produce with exposure to sunlight.
Researchers have tied low levels of Vitamin D, with low levels of testosterone and sex hormones, as Vitamin D is an important steroid hormone linked to sexual function in men (9).
Studies have shown that by increasing Vitamin D intake, men saw increased levels of natural testosterone production after sustained use.
Another ingredient commonly found in natural testosterone boosters is ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is an ancient Indian medicinal herb that is used to ease the feeling of stress and anxiety on the body (10).
Ashwagandha has been shown to improve testosterone levels and overall sperm count in men. During research, men who took 5g of ashwagandha for 3 months experienced a 20% rise in overall testosterone, and 14% of partners become pregnant (11).
Many exercise supplements contain ashwagandha as it has shown to have beneficial impacts on strength, endurance, and recovery.
DHEA is a hormone produced in the adrenal gland. DHEA is an anabolic steroid that helps the body regulate natural testosterone and estrogen levels (12).
Research has suggested that when people age, DHEA supplementation can rebalance anabolic hormone levels by reducing estrogen and increasing testosterone.
While some supplements still contain DHEA, it is a banned substance in professional sports.
Zinc is an essential mineral that contributes to hundreds of vital chemical reactions in the body.
Research has shown that zinc deficiency can lead to low T Levels in men (13). The link between low testosterone and zinc deficiency (and ZMA) is not well understood. It is expected that Leydig cells in the testicles are the cause, as zinc affects their productivity.
Tribulus Terrestris is another powerful herb that has been shown to improve male libido by enhancing sex drive (14). Some researchers believe that Tribulus Terrestris also helps with testosterone formulation, but evidence remains inconclusive.
Tribulus Terrestris increases the amount and density of androgen receptors in the brain which control libido and sexuality.
Testosterone Booster Benefits
There are a host of important benefits that testosterone booster supplements can help with. These include supporting a strong body, enhancing mood, improving sex drive, and driving down the risk of illnesses like osteoporosis and Alzheimers.
Here we take a look at some of the main benefits that normal and high levels of testosterone can have on the body. These sit in addition to the following bodybuilding benefits:
- Increase overall vitality (vigor, strength, sex drive, manliness)
- Improved lean muscle tone
- Lower body fat
- Enhanced recovery and better sleep
- Decreased anxiety, stress and cortisol release
- Increase sperm count
Strip Body Fat & Build Muscle
One of the main benefits associated with high levels of testosterone is to increase lean muscle mass. While testosterone alone does not build muscle, it has been shown to help with protein synthesis (important in muscle formation), and in reducing body fat (15).
Research has shown that men who take testosterone supplements saw enhancements in muscle size, strength and endurance.
Strong & Healthy Bones
Another leading benefit of testosterone supplementation is helping support bone mineral density.
As men age, bone density weakens, which causes bones to become more brittle and prone to breakages and osteoporosis. Strong bones help to create a strong foundation for our bodies by protecting our major organs and aiding in athletic performance (16).
Healthy Heart & More Red Blood Cells
Healthy testosterone levels help to create a healthy heart by supporting red blood cell production through bone marrow. Red blood cells are a vital part of our blood, and transport oxygen around the body (swapping it for carbon dioxide).
Studies have shown that low levels of testosterone impact heart health and contribute to cardiovascular disease (17).
Improved Sex Drive
Men with low libido levels find that they have a depleted sex drive (18). This is because testosterone production in men falls after 30 and drops away even faster as men age.
The best testosterone boosters have shown to improve sex drive in older men by returning testosterone levels back to normal. While some researchers believe T Levels also help to combat erectile dysfunction, this is often cured through other medications like nitric oxide supplements.
Scientists have linked low testosterone levels with poorer quality of life. This is particularly true in cases where men suffer from hypogonadism, rather than in cases where testosterone levels fall naturally.
Feeling of bad mood include fatigue, irritability, depression and mood swings. By taking testosterone supplements, men can improve overall mood, increase energy levels and develop a more positive mindset.
Improved Cognitive Function
There is a strong correlation between cognitive performance and testosterone levels. Research has also shown that higher testosterone levels reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease later in life (19).
The best testosterone boosters help you feel mentally sharper, more alert and improve the ability to solve problems quickly (particularly spatial awareness tasks)
Testosterone Booster Side Effects
While there are a range of health benefits that can occur when taking the best testosterone boosters, there are also side effects that you need to consider.
Side effects can arise through testosterone overdose.
Our advice is to only take testosterone booster supplements that are formulated by GMP-Certified companies, and those that use natural ingredients.
While increasing the production of testosterone, it’s important to realise that too much testosterone can have negative side effects.
Though these side effects are not associated with legal testosterone booster supplements, they have been seen as a result of testosterone therapy (20).
- Fluid Retention
- Increased Estrogen (Breast Enlargement)
- Smaller Testicles
- Decreased Sperm Count
- Aggressive Tendencies
Stay safe by always sticking to the recommended dosage stipulated on the back of each testosterone supplement. And seek medical advice if you notice any of these side effects.
Natural Testosterone Boosters
If you are looking for natural testosterone boosters, you will be happy to know that you can find a lot of the common ingredients found in the best testosterone boosters in common foods.
The best forms of natural testosterone boosters are red meats, fish, and dairy products. However you can also find testosterone in fortified cereals and beans.
- Red Meat (Beef)
- Low Fat Milk (Includes Vitamin D)
- Egg Yolks
- Fortified Cereals
Testosterone Booster Top Tips
Before you purchase your next testosterone booster, check out our list top tips. Each tip will walk you through important questions you should ask before you think about buying a T Level supplement.
- Active Ingredients – understanding the ingredients included in testosterone boosters is vital to meeting your health and fitness goals. Some testosterone boosters include high levels of D-Aspartic Acid, and Fenugreek, while others contain zero D-Aspartic Acid whatsoever. Check out our list of the main testosterone booster ingredients before you buy
- Recommended Dosage – likewise, dosage is a super important factor in picking the best testosterone booster. If you are looking for a bodybuilding supplement that will create an anabolic reaction, you should seek higher dosages the supplements suitable for everyday hormone balance. We review and compare all of the best T Level supplements and show you the best supplements on the market regardless of dosage
- Value vs Price – make sure that you check the ingredient dosages before you buy. While testosterone brands do a lot of work to draw you in to their benefits, they all contain very similar natural ingredients. Compare ingredient dosages with price before you buy
- Monthly Quantity – likewise, most testosterone supplements require you to take 2-4 capsules per day. That means you will run through a tub of T Level boosters quite quickly. To make the most of your purchase, check how long your supply will last
- Customer Reviews – always check reviews on the brands website. Generally you will find that our top 10 testosterone boosters all come with thousands of 5 star reviews. That’s because we test and compare the best supplements on the market. But it always helps to grab a second opinion from someone who is actively using the supplement
- Capsules or Powder – are they capsules, powder or something else? Make sure whatever you buy fits your lifestyle and allows you to consume quickly and in-line with your workout routine
Best Testosterone Booster Bottom Line
Our guide has walked you through the top 10 best testosterone booster supplements on the market, as well as a detailed FAQ that includes everything you need to know about testosterone boosters before you buy.
The bottom line is always align your testosterone supplement with your lifestyle goals. If you are someone who is in to bodybuilding and growing lean muscle mass, then you need a T Level supplement that will support the stress and burden you are putting on your body.
If you are someone who is looking for a testosterone supplement to support your overall health as you age, then you need a T Level supplement that has a lower dosage, and a wider range of health enhancing ingredients.
Our comprehensive guide to the best testosterone booster supplements has everything you need to make an informed decision.
If you’d like to learn more about the best supplements online, then check out BigBlueTest.org. Here we compare and review all of the best supplements online.
- Rastrelli G, Corona G, Maggi M. Testosterone and sexual function in men. Maturitas. 2018;112:46-52. doi:10.1016/j.maturitas.2018.04.004
- Traish AM. Testosterone and weight loss: the evidence. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2014;21(5):313-322. doi:10.1097/MED.0000000000000086
- Blaya R, Blaya P, Rhoden L, Rhoden EL. Low Testosterone Levels and Metabolic Syndrome in Aging Male. Curr Pharm Des. 2017;23(30):4470-4474. doi:10.2174/1381612823666170503150955
- Cauley JA. Estrogen and bone health in men and women. Steroids. 2015;99(Pt A):11-15. doi:10.1016/j.steroids.2014.12.010
- Traish A. Testosterone therapy in men with testosterone deficiency: Are we beyond the point of no return? [published correction appears in Investig Clin Urol. 2017 Jan;58(1):77]. Investig Clin Urol. 2016;57(6):384-400. doi:10.4111/icu.2016.57.6.384
- Ghosh D, Egbuta C, Lo J. Testosterone complex and non-steroidal ligands of human aromatase. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;181:11-19. doi:10.1016/j.jsbmb.2018.02.009
- Roshanzamir F, Safavi SM. The putative effects of D-Aspartic acid on blood testosterone levels: A systematic review. Int J Reprod Biomed. 2017;15(1):1-10.
- Mansoori A, Hosseini S, Zilaee M, Hormoznejad R, Fathi M. Effect of fenugreek extract supplement on testosterone levels in male: A meta-analysis of clinical trials. Phytother Res. 2020;34(7):1550-1555. doi:10.1002/ptr.6627
- Lerchbaum E, Pilz S, Trummer C, et al. Vitamin D and Testosterone in Healthy Men: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102(11):4292-4302. doi:10.1210/jc.2017-01428
- Smith SJ, Lopresti AL, Teo SYM, Fairchild TJ. Examining the Effects of Herbs on Testosterone Concentrations in Men: A Systematic Review [published online ahead of print, 2020 Nov 5]. Adv Nutr. 2020;nmaa134. doi:10.1093/advances/nmaa134
- Ambiye VR, Langade D, Dongre S, Aptikar P, Kulkarni M, Dongre A. Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:571420. doi:10.1155/2013/571420
- Kovac JR, Pan M, Arent S, Lipshultz LI. Dietary Adjuncts for Improving Testosterone Levels in Hypogonadal Males. Am J Mens Health. 2016;10(6):NP109-NP117. doi:10.1177/1557988315598554
- Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R, Baltaci SB. Review: The role of zinc in the endocrine system. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2019;32(1):231-239.
- Santos HO, Howell S, Teixeira FJ. Beyond tribulus (Tribulus terrestris L.): The effects of phytotherapics on testosterone, sperm and prostate parameters. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;235:392-405. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2019.02.033
- Traish AM. Testosterone and weight loss: the evidence. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2014;21(5):313-322. doi:10.1097/MED.0000000000000086
- Mohamad NV, Soelaiman IN, Chin KY. A concise review of testosterone and bone health. Clin Interv Aging. 2016;11:1317-1324. Published 2016 Sep 22. doi:10.2147/CIA.S115472
- Corona G, Rastrelli G, Guaraldi F, et al. An update on heart disease risk associated with testosterone boosting medications. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2019;18(4):321-332. doi:10.1080/14740338.2019.1607290
- Rizk PJ, Kohn TP, Pastuszak AW, Khera M. Testosterone therapy improves erectile function and libido in hypogonadal men. Curr Opin Urol. 2017;27(6):511-515. doi:10.1097/MOU.0000000000000442
- Resnick SM, Matsumoto AM, Stephens-Shields AJ, et al. Testosterone Treatment and Cognitive Function in Older Men With Low Testosterone and Age-Associated Memory Impairment. JAMA. 2017;317(7):717-727. doi:10.1001/jama.2016.21044
- Salter CA, Mulhall JP. Guideline of guidelines: testosterone therapy for testosterone deficiency. BJU Int. 2019;124(5):722-729. doi:10.1111/bju.14899