Are you looking to increase energy levels, boost athletic performance, and to ultimately crush your workout goals?
If so, supplementing with the best pre workouts for women is a great way to optimize your workout performance so that you build muscle, accelerate fat burning and achieve your dream body.
But how do the pre-workout supplements for women help?
Pre-workout supplements contain a unique blend of caffeine, l-theanine, creatine, and other high-quality ingredients that get you ready to perform at your very best. Here’s some awesome benefits:
- Push harder in the gym
- Pump up your muscles
- Achieve mental focus without jitters or crashes
- Enhance stamina, strength and performance
Here at BigBlueTest.org we compare and review all of the best pre-workouts for women. That means you can quickly select the pre-workout supplement that is right for you.
Start crushing your workouts today, and make this year, your year.
Top 10 Best Pre Workout Supplements For Women
- 4 Guage
- Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout
- Performance Lab Sport
- Legion Pulse Pre-Workout
- IdealLean Pre-Workout
- Pre-Jym Pre-Workout
- Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports
- Naked Energy Pre-Workout
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout
Top 10 Pre-Workout Supplements For Women
Here at BigBlueTest.org we compare and review all of the best pre-workout supplements for women.
Each of the pre-workout supplements on our top 10 list has been independently tested by female athletes based on its ability to enhance workout performance.
Check out our top 10 pre workout for women list below, or for more information on pre-workout supplements our detailed guide is below to answer any of your burning questions.
1. 4 Gauge
Top of our best pre workouts for women list is 4 Gauge, the most explosive pre-workout supplement for women on the market.
4 Gauge is an awesome pre-workout supplement that understands first and foremost, women are unique.
Most pre-workout supplements have been designed for men, often containing a high level of stimulants and additives that cause women to crash quickly after use. Thankfully, 4 Guage is formulated differently.
4 Gauge contains Smart Caffeine which is a unique blend of caffeine, and l-theanine that helps you make the most of your workout. Here’s some of the quick-fire benefits 4 Gauge delivers:
- Boost motivation and energy levels pre-workout – everyone suffers from a lack of motivation from time to time. 4 Gauge is the machine gun in your pocket that will get you fired up to perform at your best, whether that is weight lifting or heavy cardio
- Build muscle, strip fat, and get lean – 4 Gauge gets you closer to that dream bikini body. The unique blend of high quality ingredients helps to achieve muscle mass and fat loss
- High impact, low calories – there is only 5 calories in each serving of 4 Gauge. That means it can be taken without messing with your diet plan and calorie control
- Clean energy boost with no additives – 4 Gauge contains smart caffeine, l-theanine and other high quality natural ingredients. That means you get boosted energy levels that support you in building muscle
Not only is 4 Gauge an epic pre-workout formula, but it also contains natural ingredients like l-citrulline, rhodiola rosea, and red beetroot that contain thermogenic fat burner qualities. Thermogenic ingredients help to burn fat and support lean muscle growth.
What’s more, each of these ingredients helps to aid blood flow to key muscle groups, support mental focus, and transport amino acids and multivitamins around the body.
- Boost energy levels pre-workout
- Build lean muscle, strip body fat
- Accelerate weight loss with low calorie formula
- Clean energy, with zero nasty additives or flavors
- Mix 2 level scoops with water pre-workout
- Safely build up to 4 scoops of 4 Guage pre-workout
2. Powher Pre-Workout Powder
Next on our best pre-workout supplements for women list is the female-formulated Powher Pre-Workout supplement.
Powher has been designed to help you crush your fitness goals by boosting your motivation and energy levels pre-workout, without including muscle building ingredients like creatine.
What’s more, Powher helps stop you from feeling that ‘caffeine crash’ later in the day.
Powher contains a unique blend of caffeine, coconut water, amino acids, antioxidants and vitamins (pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, and cyanocobalamin).
These powerful natural ingredients found in foods like coconut, broccoli, and other veggies help to reduce fatigue, boost energy, increase your metabolism, and importantly get your super-focused.
What’s more, ingredients like coconut water include a tonne of electrolytes (including magnesium, potassium, and calcium). Each helping to supports improved muscular and neurological performance.
Here are some of the brilliant Powher benefits:
- Get a more intense workout
- Blitz through workout plateaus with increased energy levels
- Zero side effects thanks to low-stimulant formula
- Zero muscle building ingredients like creatine
- Tastes amazing and is easy to drink
- Also contains Vitamin B12, Oxyjun, Rednite, L-Tyrosine, L-Citruline Malate, beta-alanine, and taurine
While 4 Guage is one of the best pre-workouts for women looking to bulk up and get lean, Powher is better suited to women looking to boost athletic performance without adding tonnes of muscle.
Most pre-workout supplements for women contain creatine which helps to pump up your muscles. Powher takes a different approach by only including ingredients that boost energy anf focus.
- Powerful energy boost
- Improves mental and physical focus during workouts
- Greater stamina
- Zero muscle building ingredients like creatine
- Tastes amazing, with zero stimulants and nasty side effects
- Mix 1 level scoops with water pre-workout
3. Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout
Next on our list of the best pre-workout supplements for women is Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout Formula.
Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout Formula does not discriminate. The pre-workout supplement is designed for men and women, and helps to provide a high-intensity pre-workout experience that gets you ready to smash your workout.
The Transparent Labs formula places specific focus on setting up the body to burn energy and stimulate fat loss during and after your workout. That means if you are looking to accelerate fat burning, this pre-workout supplement is a great option.
Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout Formula contains 21 active ingredients, with key ingredients including citrulline malate, beta-alanine, betaine, hordenine, synephrine, and branched-chain amino acids.
On top of this, Transparent Labs PreSeries Lean Pre-Workout Formula includes a fat burning and thyroid supporting complex made up of Chromium Picolinate, Zinc, and Guggulsterones. This unique blend of active ingredients targets fat loss and lean muscle production.
- Ultimate ‘cutting’ pre-workout formula designed to shift stubborn body fat
- Increase energy levels for a zones in workout
- Includes fat burning and thyroid supports complex which accelerates fat burning
- Contains zero colored dyes, unnecessary fillers, or harmful additives
- Mix 1 level scoops with water pre-workout
4. Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout
Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout Formula is the first supplement on our list to be taken in a capsule.
Performance Lab’s pre-workout supplement is ‘beast-mode’ in a bottle, designed to give you enhanced power and strength during your workouts, by boosting aerobic, and anaerobic endurance, as well as blood flow.
Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout contains a unique, patented blend of nutrition that enhances strength without any nasty side effects (often associated with high caffeine dosages and creatine monohydrate intake). Here are some of the top benefits:
- Naturally raise nitric oxide levels to support blood flow and muscle oxygenation
- Spark muscle-charging ATP levels which support aerobic and anaerobic endurance
- Deliver hydration to muscles during workouts, and sustain NO levels for better active recovery
On top of boosted athletic performance during your workouts, Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout is also a healthy and sustainable pre-workout option.
Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout is stimulant free with zero side effects (jitters or crashes), it is plant-based with natural ingredients, and supports long-term training plans.
- Increase nitric oxide levels for better blood flow and oxygenation during workouts
- Boosted energy levels, increase motivation and cognitive function
- Stimulant free, zero side effects
- 100% natural ingredients
- 6 capsules 30 minutes pre-workout with water
5. Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Powder
Next on our list of the best pre-workout supplements for women is the Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Formula. The Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Formula is designed to give you the desired pre-workout energy high, without you fearing jitters, crashes of nausea.
In fact, Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Formula place so much focus on clean energy production that they focus their pre-workout formula on natural ingredients like amino acid l-theanine, l-citrulline, and caffeine.
Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Formula helps to:
- Increase energy levels
- Improve mood, sharpen mental focus
- Reduce fatigue, while improving endurance and strength
Legion’s pre-workout supplement works by delivering caffeine and l-theanine in a dosage that promoted smooth energy and focus, while the citrulline, betaine, alpha-GPC, and beta-alanine helps to pump up your muscles, promoting strength and endurance.
Having received thousands of 5-star reviews, Legion’s pre-workout supplement is definitely worth checking out. It also contains only 100% natural ingredients and has been made to remove any nasty side effects.
- Clean energy boost, delivering smooth energy and focus during workouts
- Boost cognitive function and mental sharpness
- Reduce fatigue, improve endurance and strength
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
6. IdealLean Pre-Workout Powder
IdealLean Pre-Workout Formula is another pre-workout supplement specifically designed for women.
IdealLean Pre-Workout Formula contains a unique blend of caffeine, green tea extract, antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids that help to deliver a clean and lean energy boost before you workout.
To aid in giving you an enhanced workout, IdealLean Pre-Workout Formula contains natural caffeine, B Vitamins, beta alanine. Meanwhile your metabolism is boosted thanks to the inclusion of Vitamin B6, B12, pantothenic acid, folate, thiamin, riboflavin, and bioptin.
This unique blend of vitamins and amino acids contains tonnes of beauty enhancing benefits. Not least by helping to develop strong hair, nails, and beautiful skin.
IdealLean Pre-Workout Formula contains just 2 calories per serving and can be taken as a healthy clean supplement pre-workout. The formula contains 100% natural ingredients, with zero additives or colorings.
- Enhanced workout experience
- Natural source of caffeine for smooth energy release
- Includes blend of beauty enhancing vitamins that will also fire up your metabolism (thanks to thermogenic fat burner qualities)
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
7. Pre-Jym Pre-Workout Powder
Next on our top 10 best pre-workout supplements for women, is the Pre-Jum Pre-Workout supplement.
Unlike some of the other pre-workouts for women, Pre-Jym’s workout supplement includes BCAAs and creatine to help boost muscle growth and ‘pump’ during your workouts. What’s more, Pre-Jym’s unique blend includes citrulline malate and caffeine for endurance, as well as beta-alanine and betaine for strength.
This pre-workout supplement is suitable for any women looking to build muscle and develop sustained energy through supplementation.
Creating, beta-alanine, and branched-chain amino acids combine to deliver fuel and energy for your workout, while caffeine and huperzine work to give you mental focus so that you stay zoned in.
While mainly used by women looking to build muscle, Pre-Jym Pre-Workout can also be used before cardio workouts and to support you in blitzing fat, while maintaining healthy muscle mass.
- Boost energy levels pre-workout and zone in
- Enhance physical endurance
- Boost mental focus and performance
- Amazing taste made from high quality ingredients
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
8. Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports
Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports is next on our best pre-workouts for women. With thousands of 5-star reviews on Amazon, and branded one of America’s #1 pre-workout supplement brand, there is plenty to shout about.
Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports is proven to increase metabolic supports thanks to the inclusion of thermogenic fat burining ingredients like CLA and DygloFit. It is also proven to boost athletic performance during workouts by increasing your rep counts and get you moving for longer.
With the inclusion of CarnoSyn beta-alanine, Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports supports muscular endurance, while fighting the signs of workout-fatigue.
Available in two great flavors (Arctic Snow Cone and Fruit Punch), Cellucor C4 Ripped Sports is the perfect pre-workout supplement for any women looking to build muscle, strip fat and stay super lean.
- Increase rep count
- Boost metabolic support throughout the day
- Thousands of 5-star customer review
- One of America’s top pre-workout brands
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
9. Naked Energy Pre-Workout
Next on our top 10 pre-workout supplements for women list is Naked Energy’s Pre-Workout supplement.
The great thing about Naked Energy’s Pre-Workout supplement is that it is super clean, made from only premium non-GMO ingredients. And you guessed it, it’s unflavored meaning you can add it to smoothies, energy drinks or anything else that takes your fancy.
Naked Energy’s Pre-Workout supplement contains just 10 super-clean ingredients; caffeine, l-arginine, creatine, beta-alanine, calcium, folate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin B6.
The pre-workout supplement is designed to boost athletic endurance, and to help support a healthy, lean body. Naked Energy’s Pre-Workout supplement is made in the US, and contains only vegan, non-GMO ingredients (that means zero artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors).
Naked Energy’s Pre-Workout supplement is also dairy free, gluten free and wheat free. As you’d guessed, it’s the ultimate naked pre-workout supplement.
- Boosts athletic performance, mental focus and workout performance
- Zero side effects, including caffeine crash or jitters
- Naked pre-workout supplement free from artificial sweeteners, colors and flavors)
- Add to smoothies, energy drinks or water
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
10. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout
The final supplements on our best pre-workouts for women is the Gold Standard Pre-Workout supplement from Optimum Nutrition.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout could easily sit higher on our list. It’s a brilliant pre-workout that prepares the body and mind for performance by unleashing enhanced power, focus and motivation.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout contains 175mg of caffeine per serving, helping to stimulate the body pre-workout. On top of this, the pre-workout supplement contains 3g of creatine that supports muscle power and performance.
What’s more, there is a unique blend of multivitamins including Vitamins B1, B3, B5, B6 and B12 that all help to support natural and sustained energy release, while boosting your metabolic performance.
If you are looking to build a strong, lean physique then Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard Pre-Workout formula is a brilliant option.
- 175mg of caffeine per serving
- 3g of creatine helps to power up muscles during workouts
- Now contains 250mg of Peformelon – unique blend of branched-chain amino acids
- Boost athletic performance through increased energy
- Build muscle, strip stubborn fat and improve mental sharpness
- 1-2 scoops with water pre-workout
Best Pre Workouts For Women Guide
Now that we have covered our list of the top 10 best pre-workout supplements for women, let’s now take a look at everything else you need to know before you choose the right pre-workout supplement for you.
Here we run through all of the key facts on the best pre-workout formulas. Including what they are, the various health benefits, potential side effects, ingredients, and top tips.
Let’s get stuck in, ladies.
What Are Pre-Workout Supplements?
Pre-workout supplements for women are scientifically designed formulas designed to boost athletic and mental performance during workouts.
Have you ever felt that lethargic, energy-sapping, low motivation before your workout? You have packed your workout bag, taken the trip down to the gym, but you just cannot muster the energy to get started? Or worse, you are raring to go but your body is just not playing ball?
Pre-workout supplements help get you and your body ready for your workout. The best pre-workout supplements contain a unique blend of caffeine, creatine, beta-alanine, l-theanine, and branched-chain amino acids that prepare the mind and body for performance.
This means that yous mind and body are activated, your energy levels start to climb, and the blood flow to your major muscles starts to increase.
Your zone in and absolutely crush your workout. Not only do you run further, lift more, and beat your rep count PB’s, but you feel better afterward thanks to the supplementary boost to your metabolism.
How Do Pre-Workout Supplements Work?
The best pre-workout supplements for women work because they include all of the right stimulants, multivitamins, and branched-chain amino acids your body needs to perform.
But there is a unique difference between the various types of pre-workout formulas for women. Some pre-workout supplements contain higher dosages of caffeine and creatine which are designed to give you ‘muscle pump’ that will help you heavier and for longer. These types of pre-workout supplement are great for ladies looking to bulk up and add lean muscle.
Other forms of pre-workout supplement are designed to provide smooth energy levels, while enhancing physical and mental performance. However, they either don’t include creatine, or it is present in much lower dosages.
These types of pre-workout supplement are better suited to women who are looking to stay lean and healthy, without adding muscle mass.
Pre-Workout Supplement Benefits
There are some great benefits associated with taking pre-workout supplements. Let’s take a look at some of the top reasons to try them:
- Boost energy levels pre-workout – the top reason to try pre-workout supplements is to help boost natural energy levels, and motivation. If you are struggling to get the most out of your workouts then pre-workout supplements will get you fired up and zoned in to your workouts (1)
- Improve metabolic performance – not only will better workouts boost your metabolism directly afterwards, but they will keep your metabolism firing all day (2). That means your body is burning fat even while you sleep. The best pre-workout supplements include thermogenic ingredients which are known for their positive impact on metabolic rate
- Enhance strength and stamina – while it’s vital that you feel motivated to workout, you want to feel like you can smash through your workout plateaus. Pre-workout supplements help to boost your strength and stamina while you workout (3). If you are someone who wants to increase your lifts, make sure you pick a pre-workout formula that includes creatine
- Increase blood flow to major muscle groups – many of the best pre-workout supplements include branched-chain amino acids and multivitamins which play a vital role in oxygenating the blood and increasing blood flow to major muscle groups. This increased blood flow also has amazing health benefits for your immune system (4)
- Reach your goals faster – any good workout schedule includes dedication and consistency. But you can get to where you want to be faster. The best pre-workouts for women help to ensure that you make each of your workouts count. They also provide routine which is important in making sure you stick to your task and maintain a healthy diet
Are Pre-Workout Supplements For Women Different To Men’s Pre-Workouts?
There is a difference when it comes to comparing pre-workout supplements for men and women. It’s true that women have a lower caffeine tolerance than men. Like the best weight loss pills for men, that means that if you were to consistently take male pre-workout supplement then you would be overdosing your body on the stimulants added to many of the best pre-workout supplements for men.
To avoid this, stick to brands that promote women-only or unisex formulas. Typically, pre-workout supplements for women have a lower dosage of caffeine and stimulants which cause you to crash, or feel the effects of withdrawal jitters.
If you want to take things further, stick to 100% natural ingredients and blends, as found in top pre-workout supplements from brands like Naked Nutrition.
Pre-Workout Supplements Ingredients
So what’s in the best pre-workout supplements? Here is a comprehensive list of the natural ingredients that health brands work into their formulas to help you get the most from your workouts.
- Caffeine – natural CDN (central nervous system) stimulant that makes you feel physically and mentally alert. Caffeine is found most commonly in coffee, tea, green tea, and other natural energy drinks. Not only is it used in the best pre-workout formulas to help boost your energy levels, but it also has thermogenic properties (5)
- Creatine Monohydrate – this powerful supplement is the number one supplement used to aid muscle mass, strength and exercise performance in America (it is also the most tested supplement, alongside protein powder). Creatine monohydrate is naturally found in muscle cells, and helps to produce energy in muscles during heavy lifts and when there is heightened athletic demands on the body. Pre-workout supplements use creatine supplementation to boost energy in muscles (6)
- Beta-Alanine – this powerful non-essential acid (meaning it is naturally produced in the body) is the building block of protein and helps to create other chemicals in the body. It has been shown to aid athletic performance and help build lean muscle in women (7)
- Nitric Oxide – another naturally occurring compound found in the body, nitric oxide (NO) stimulates the release of hormones like insulin, human growth hormone (HGH). Nitric oxide also widens blood vessels, promoting better blood flow during workouts
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) – this group of amino acids is made up of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Unlike beta-alanine that is produced by the body, branched-chain amino acids need to be consumed by food (meaning they’re an essential amino acid). BCAAs help to reduce fatigue, build muscle and reduce the impact of delayed onset muscle soreness (8)
- L-Theanine, L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Taurine, L-Carnitine – these important amino acids play a range of roles in the best pre-workout supplements. L-Theanine is a natural relaxant which ensures that your energy levels are brought up in a smooth and sustainable way. L-Citrulline is important in the natural production of nitric oxide and supports healthy blood flow, while l-arginine is another compound important in protein formation (important for building muscle). Finally, L-taurine helps to use proteins to grow and repair muscle tissue (9)
- Carnitine – quaternary ammonium compound, important in boosting metabolic performance
- Potassium – electrolyte important in the proper and correct functioning of muscles. Helping to regulate blood flow, muscle production, and heartbeat
- Citrulline Malate – the building block of l-arginine, which is an important compound that helps with protein formation. Citrulline Malate converts to l-arginine in the kidneys, helping to aid muscle growth (10)
The best pre-workout supplements also include calcium, folate, antioxidants, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin B6. All of these important vitamins help to boost energy levels, improve metabolic rate, blood flow and proper body functioning during athletic performance.
Pre-Workout Supplement Side Effects
Like any new supplement, pre-workout supplements can make you feel some unwanted side effects. However, this is usually caused by too much usage, or by going too hard, too soon.
To avoid unwanted side effects, make sure that you ease yourself in to pre-workout supplementation, and always follow recommended dosages. That will ensure that you do not intake too much caffeine that will lead to mood crashed and jitters (11).
If you do feel any of the following pre-workout supplement side effects, make sure to ease your supplementation or consult a medical professional:
- Jitters/shakes causes by caffeine crash
- Upset stomach/diarrhea
Finally, if you tend to workout late at night, avoid taking pre-workout supplements too close to your bedtime. The stimulant levels may disrupt normal sleeping patterns.
Artificial Sweeteners vs Stevia
Our advice if you want to avoid side effects completely, is always stick to 100% natural ingredients. That means avoiding artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors. And that includes Strevia.
While many believe that Stevia is a natural sweetener, as it is derived from the stevia leaf, this is not the case. Stevia goes through a chemical process when it is produced which makes it prone to causing the same unwanted side effects that artificial sweeteners can often cause.
We’d always recommend sticking to the pre-workout supplements found in our top 10 list. And in particular, choosing pre-workout supplements that are free from stevia and other unwanted artificial sweeteners.
Pre Workout For Women Top Tips
If you are now sold on taking pre-workout supplements, then we’d recommend checking out our top tips before you get started.
It’s important to always balance supplementation with the right activities to ensure that you get the most out of your diet and workouts.
- Take pre-workout supplements at the right time – timing is everything when it comes to the best pre-workout supplements for women. It’s important to drink or consumer pre-workout supplements 15-30 minutes before the start of your workout so that you time the energy release to the point your about to start training (12). If you have every taken a pre-workout before, you will know that the spike in energy levels is noticeable, you don’t want to be sat down with nowhere to workout when your pre-workout energy levels soar
- Eat a healthy and clean diet – always combine your pre-workout supplements with a healthy, clean diet. That means eat plenty of meats, fish, nuts, vegetables, healthy carbohydrates (carbs), and dairy (or not depending on whether your following a keto diet or going vegan etc). Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet will ensure that you get more from your workouts, sleep better, burn fat and maintain natural energy levels
- Drink more water – drinking enough water throughout the day will ensure that your muscles are properly oxygenated, your body is hydrated, and that you flush harmful toxins from your body. Staying hydrated is super important when you take pre-workout supplements as stimulants like caffeine can also act as a diuretic
- Eat meals at the right times of day – timing your meals is another important factor you need to stay on top of. If you want to get the most out of your pre-workout supplements and exercise routine, eat 2-3 hours before your workout and time meals for post-workout. Try and avoid eating directly before workouts as it will limit the effectiveness of the pre-workout supplement. What’s more, if you want to add carbohydrates, including starchy carbs to your diet, make sure you do so around workouts to help increase depleted glucose levels in core muscle groups
- Combine with other leading supplements – while supplementation is unique to each individual, we’d recommend combining your pre-workout energizing drink with other supplements. This includes whey protein (protein powder) that helps to rebuild muscle after workouts (13). We’d also advize using other workout products like the best fat burners for women alongside your pre-workout drink (especially if you are bodybuilding).
- Train hard and ignite your workouts – make sure you don’t take overly high dosages of pre-workout formula that will cause you to crash and suffer from jitters. Likewise, ignite your workouts and the effectiveness of the pre-workout by giving it your all during your workout. You carve out 30-60 minutes a day that is all about you and your performance, make it count
Best Pre Workout For Women Bottom Line
If you are looking for ways to ignite and maximize the effectiveness of your workouts, then taking the best pre-workout supplements for women is a brilliant place to start.
We all suffer from fatigue, lack of motivation and the urge to put our workouts off. However, we all know that the best medicine for these feelings is to get out their and train hard. Pre-workout supplements give you the ammunition to do just that.
The best pre-workouts for women help to deliver high levels of natural energy, whilst boosting the immune system, natural metabolic rate, and blood flow. They are made from 100% natural ingredients, and they are balanced to ensure the caffeine and stimulant levels are in-line with female consumption guidance.
Get started today by picking one of our top 10 best pre-workouts for women. Still unsure what supplements are right for you? Check out all of our best supplement guides at BigBlueTest.org, including the best fat burner for women.
- Tinsley GM, Hamm MA, Hurtado AK, et al. Effects of two pre-workout supplements on concentric and eccentric force production during lower body resistance exercise in males and females: a counterbalanced, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2017;14:46. Published 2017 Nov 28. doi:10.1186/s12970-017-0203-x
- Tinsley GM, Urbina S, Mullins J, et al. Influence of A Thermogenic Dietary Supplement on Safety Markers, Body Composition, Energy Expenditure, Muscular Performance and Hormone Concentrations: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Trial. J Sports Sci Med. 2017;16(4):459-467. Published 2017 Dec 1.
- Gonzalez AM, Walsh AL, Ratamess NA, Kang J, Hoffman JR. Effect of a pre-workout energy supplement on acute multi-joint resistance exercise. J Sports Sci Med. 2011;10(2):261-266. Published 2011 Jun 1.
- Jagim AR, Jones MT, Wright GA, St Antoine C, Kovacs A, Oliver JM. The acute effects of multi-ingredient pre-workout ingestion on strength performance, lower body power, and anaerobic capacity. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:11. Published 2016 Mar 8. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0122-2
- Mielgo-Ayuso J, Marques-Jiménez D, Refoyo I, Del Coso J, León-Guereño P, Calleja-González J. Effect of Caffeine Supplementation on Sports Performance Based on Differences Between Sexes: A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2019;11(10):2313. Published 2019 Sep 30. doi:10.3390/nu11102313
- Kedia AW, Hofheins JE, Habowski SM, Ferrando AA, Gothard MD, Lopez HL. Effects of a pre-workout supplement on lean mass, muscular performance, subjective workout experience and biomarkers of safety. Int J Med Sci. 2014;11(2):116-126. Published 2014 Jan 2. doi:10.7150/ijms.7073
- Trexler ET, Smith-Ryan AE, Stout JR, et al. International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:30. Published 2015 Jul 15. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0090-y
- VanDusseldorp TA, Escobar KA, Johnson KE, et al. Effect of Branched-Chain Amino Acid Supplementation on Recovery Following Acute Eccentric Exercise. Nutrients. 2018;10(10):1389. Published 2018 Oct 1. doi:10.3390/nu10101389
- Fielding R, Riede L, Lugo JP, Bellamine A. l-Carnitine Supplementation in Recovery after Exercise [published correction appears in Nutrients. 2018 Apr 26;10(5):]. Nutrients. 2018;10(3):349. Published 2018 Mar 13. doi:10.3390/nu10030349
- Suzuki T, Morita M, Kobayashi Y, Kamimura A. Oral L-citrulline supplementation enhances cycling time trial performance in healthy trained men: Double-blind randomized placebo-controlled 2-way crossover study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:6. Published 2016 Feb 19. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0117-z
- Blake MS, Johnson NR, Trautman KA, Grier JW, Stastny SN, Hackney KJ. Neither a Multi-Ingredient Pre-Workout Supplement nor Caffeine Were Effective at Improving Markers of Blood Flow or Upper-Body Resistance Exercise Performance. Int J Exerc Sci. 2020;13(2):167-182. Published 2020 Feb 1.
- Martinez N, Campbell B, Franek M, Buchanan L, Colquhoun R. The effect of acute pre-workout supplementation on power and strength performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:29. Published 2016 Jul 16. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0138-7
- Lutsch DJ, Camic CL, Jagim AR, Johnston NJ, Musgjerd TL. Acute Effects of a Multi-Ingredient Pre-Workout Supplement On 5-KM Running Performance in Recreationally-Trained Athletes. Int J Exerc Sci. 2019;12(2):1045-1056. Published 2019 Aug 1.