CBD oil is getting more and more attention with each passing day as many of its new uses come to light. This cannabinoid derived from cannabis plants may be popular today, but it was the cause of hot debate for many years. Now, thanks to activism, scientific studies, and awareness, we see that CBD has steadily grown popular among wellness and fitness circles.
CBD oil offers a host of benefits for multiple medical ailments, illnesses and disorders. Right from problems like chronic pain and epilepsy, to appetite troubles and even depression, CBD oil has something for everyone. It additionally has well-documented anti-seizure as well as anti-epileptic properties. People suffering from anxiety and depression have successfully used CBD oil as an effective solution.
Understanding How CBD Works and Helps Your Body
The cannabis plant has been mired in controversy for a long time. However, owing to recent developments and scientific discoveries, we know of its remedial and therapeutic properties. The cannabis plant contains chemical compounds that make up an intricate system of potent cannabinoids. These act on brain receptors located in the brain and directly regulate and influence the endocannabinoid system. This exchange between cannabinoids and the ECS (endocannabinoid system) will cause an interaction to how our bodies interpret stimuli. They alter the general functioning and inner workings of the brain’s neurotransmitters. This is how cannabis’s remedial effects occur in the body.
Cannabis contains a huge variety of these cannabinoids. However, THC and CBD are probably the most widely discussed and well-known of these. THC is a psychoactive cannabinoid that will cause the high you feel on smoking weed. On the other hand, CBD isn’t psychoactive, making sure that you don’t feel any high upon consumption. CBD offers many benefits to users. Right from pain management, sleep disorders, mood swings, and even anxiety, epilepsy, cardiovascular troubles or depression, this cannabinoid has remedial and therapeutic properties.
Given the fact that pure CBD extracts aren’t psychoactive and don’t cause harm, its usefulness is not lost on lawmakers. Many countries worldwide have started accepting this product and allowing free trade. Similarly, CBD and its many different products are legal for sale and consumption in all fifty states of America.
- 1 7 Best CBD Oils for Pain, Anxiety, Sleep: Our Picks and Reviews
7 Best CBD Oils for Pain, Anxiety, Sleep: Our Picks and Reviews
We’ve compiled a list of the seven best CBD oils currently available in the market which work for several different ailments or disorders.
1) NuLeaf Naturals Premium CBD Oil
Effective For Treating and Managing: Chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, depression and even for regulating sleep disorders.
- NuLeafNaturals sources its raw hemp from certified Colorado farms, and they monitor the entire manufacturing process to ensure a high-quality product.
- CBD products available in full-spectrum variants and are extracted from whole plant extract.
- Unusually high concentrations are available for those who need a strong product.
- Premium priced as compared to others.
The NuLeaf Naturals Company aims at delivering the best quality, pure CBD oil extracts to help you live better. Founded in 2014, this brand’s philosophy zeroes down on promoting healthier living. The company’s excellent quality can be attributed to the fact that they source their ingredients from licensed farms in Colorado. Additionally, they fully monitor the entire process that includes hemp extraction, from when the plant is still growing, to the final bottled CBD end-product.
The NuLeaf Naturals company specializes in full-spectrum CBD oils. They obtain the CBD oil by way of a CO2 extraction process. The full-spectrum product is perfect for people seeking the ‘entourage effect’ that is known to reduce symptoms of many diseases that cause chronic pain and even seizures. Acting on the ECS of the body, CBD oil by NuLeaf Naturals can effectively tackle some of the most potent problems you are facing.
Additionally, the company also offers a formidable range of CBD products for your pets.
What We Like About This Product:
- Nuleaf Naturals Premium CBD Oil comes from fully organic hemp. This fully-American product ensures to use best quality raw materials by sourcing its hemp only from licensed Colorado farms.
- The product contains full spectrum CBD, ensuring that you get all the necessary cannabinoids for an augmented therapeutic and remedial effect.
- Some CBD manufacturers use isolates to extract the cannabinoid, which we don’t recommend. On the other hand, the NuLeaf Naturals Premium CBD Oil gets extracted from entire plant extracts. Additionally, it makes use of high-quality carrier oil instead of settling for blended alternatives. These steps lead to an end product that has a higher CBD concentration as well as overall quality.
- This brand has a range of products in unconventional concentrations (240mg, 725mg, 1,450mg, 2,425mg, and 4,850mg) for people with varying demands. This offering works excellently for people who need concentrated CBD products.
NuLeaf Naturals is a high-quality product that is crafted with a lot of care and concern for all aspects. The price of this product is in line with what it offers. So if you’re on a budget, this product may not be your best bet. However, always remember that in the case of CBD, quality is everything. So, if you can spring for it, choose this brand as it is effective in managing a variety of symptoms.
2) FAB CBD Oil (Best Quality)
Effective For Treating and Managing: anxiety, depression, neurogenerative disorders, arthritis, sleep issues, chronic pain etc.
- FAB CBD Oil is a high strength product that can aid in the treatment of serious medical conditions, including chronic pain and neurogenerative disorders.
- Made from 100% organic hemp, free from chemical additives, and with third-party lab testing.
- Three flavors offerings available: all-natural, citrus, and mint.
- Reasonably priced and is at par with industry standards.
FAB CBD Oil is another potent product for when you’re looking for CBD oil options. It works very well for instances of pain, and people with depression and anxiety have been known to find relief with this. Right from chewables and gummies, they have a wide variety of CBD products to cater to your many different needs. However, for issues like neurogenerative disorders, chronic pain, cancer treatment-related side effects, etc. the CBD oil works best as it brings in the quickest results.
FAB CBD Oil’s creators are believers in balancing physical and mental wellness among their customers. They aim at helping people break the unhealthy cycle of prescription drugs and the side effects that accompany using these for prolonged periods. The CBD oil by FAB comes in three delicious flavors. They have citrus and mint for the more adventurous taste-buds, and the all-natural variant is best suited for those who don’t want a flavored product.
What We Like About This Product:
- FAB CBD is made from 100% organically grown hemp. Additionally, all raw materials used in this product are free from pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or any other chemical solvents that are otherwise used during cultivation.
- They employ the CO2 extraction method to extract the CBD from the raw hemp, preserving all the cannabinoid goodness. This ensures a high-quality end product and proper concentrations.
- The product is entirely non-GMO. Moreover, it contains at most trace amounts of THC (only around 0.3%), making it the right choice for those who wish to carry on with their daily commitments without fear of being too high to do so.
- FAB subscribes to third-party lab testing, making it a more trustworthy and reliable product. Testing ensures that you get only what you pay for without any harmful additives.
- FAB doesn’t offer full-spectrum CBD oil. Since you don’t get the entire range of cannabinoids, it deprives your endocannabinoid system of the benefits of ‘the entourage effect.’ Additionally, this product offers a low spectrum product, as compared to its many competitors in the same price range.
- This manufacturer isn’t very open about where they source their product from, or where their raw hemp is obtained from. Most reputed manufacturers tend to include this information to clarify the quality of the product. However, by not doing so, FAB CBD oil loses out on brownie points.
3) PureKana Natural CBD Oil (Best Value)
Effective For Treating and Managing: Low blood pressure, mild depression, neurogenerative disorders, appetite irregularity, arthritis, sleep issues, chronic pain, etc.
- Made with full-spectrum CO2 process and hemp seed oil derived by cold-pressing.
- Created with Danish grown and harvested hemp that’s certified non-GMO and free from additives.
- Excellent customer service, easy-to-use website, and wide coverage.
- Fairly cheaper when compared to other products in the same category.
Based out of Scottsdale, Arizona, these CBD products are quite affordable when compared to others in the market. PureKana’s quality is consistent, and they also subscribe to third-party testing. Additionally, the manufacturers employ a more advanced full-spectrum CO2 extraction process. The hemp seeds used to create this product are exclusively cold-pressed, and they come with a guaranteed chemical-free, pesticide-free tag.
While it’s a big brand in the CBD circles today, it started small, gradually working their way into the market backed by a superior-quality product. PureKana Natural CBD oil offers full-spectrum extract that can effectively tackle several problems.
What We Like About This Product –
- The CBD oil from PureKana comes directly from Certified Organic Hemp grown and harvested in Denmark. The product is additionally non-GMO, free from pesticides or any additives, ensuring excellent quality.
- PureKana’s website is a total breeze to operate. This user-friendly interface makes ordering products fast and straightforward. Their occasional discounts and offers are amazing as well.
- The manufacturers will ship to all fifty states. Additionally, you can contact customer service online via chat or just call them up. This is an excellent option for first-timers looking to get the right information about CBD.
- PureKana is definitely among the best brands available in today’s highly competitive CBD market. However, you can’t guarantee that it will give the same remedial effect to you as everyone’s endocannabinoid system is unique. However, this could happen with any CBD oil brand and not just PureKana.
4) CBDistillery CBD Oil
Effective For Treating and Managing: Chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, depression, and even regulating sleep disorders.
- All-Americal CBD product made with hemp from licensed Colorado farms.
- Wide product selection including tinctures, CBD oil drops, gummies, etc.
- It is considered among the best oils to cure chronic pain and other serious health problems.
- Reasonably priced product, suitable to those on a budget.
Following the trend set by the best CBD companies in the industry, CBDistillery also sources raw hemp from certified Colorado hemp farms to ensure the best quality. This brand offers a wide product selection, right from classic CBD oil drops and tinctures, to fancier wax dabbing paraphernalia, CBD terpsolate, and even CBD isolate powders.
The product in consideration, CBDistillery CBD oil is full-spectrum. This CBD extract ensures higher potency and efficacy. Again, it is ideal for a wide variety of ailments and problems like arthritis, chronic pain, lowering blood pressure, preventative care for diabetes, and even for relief from pain that accompanies chemotherapy. Most notably, this product has aided people in fighting against the root cause of chronic pain, bringing lasting relief. Many people use CBDistillery to combat nerve pain, spine-related pain, and other such issues.
CBDistillery CBD Oil is a full-spectrum CBD extract which ensures increased efficacy in managing pain. Instead of just masking the symptoms, it is remarkably effective in fighting the root causes of pain. This is why many people are using CBDistillery’s CBD oil for nerve pain, back pain, and other instances of chronic pain.
What We Like About this Product:
- CBDistillery’s product quality is among the best, and their consistent output gets positive points from us. The raw hemp they use if 100% non-GMO, free from any herbicide and pesticide residue, without any added chemicals, and grown sustainably. They ensure that no artificial or chemical additive comes in contact with the CBD at any point. The serious attention given to these activities bowls us over every time. Additionally, the fact that its 100% environment-friendly doesn’t hurt.
- The overall price-to-quality ration of this product is excellent. The CBD oil from CBDistillery checks all our boxes quality-wise, without breaking the bank with its hefty price tag. If you’re looking for a formidable product with a decent budget, this is the right choice for you.
- CBDistillery tinctures come in a wide variety of potencies and concentrations. (250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, 2500mg, and 5000mg). This makes it simpler for those who want to monitor their dosage strictly.
- Many people with severe pain problems rely on OTC painkillers to curb pain and sensitivity. However, it is a known fact that prolonged use of such substances is dangerous and cause dependency. CBDistillery’s more potent offerings are good alternatives to these drugs.
- This product acts fast in the body has quite an impressive absorption rate. It doesn’t matter what ailment you hope to cure with this; it’s certainly a good idea.
- As is the case with many other CBD oil products, CBDistillery CBD Oil has the hemp-y, earthy taste that many may find overpowering. However, unless you are averse to this taste profile, this isn’t such a bad thing.
- While they do offer a free return policy, it has strict guidelines. Additionally, the official website is a bit tricky to navigate, making ordering difficult. You may also have trouble finding good discounts.
5) CBDPure Hemp Oil
Effective For Treating and Managing: Chronic pain, stress, anxiety, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, and even for regulating moods and appetite.
- Contains higher CBD concentration than many other products.
- Sourced from Dutch and Danish certified hemp farms.
- The product had a golden-yellow tint, indicating its higher quality.
- Available only in CBD oil drops form.
- It is reasonably priced as compared to other products in this category.
We still can’t wrap our minds around why this product isn’t as popular as it could be with its many benefits and impactful effects. When it comes to chronic pain, this is certainly our most recommended pick. The manufacturer Nutra Pure focus primarily on CBD soft gels and hemp oil products. Additionally, CBDPure Hemp Oil is ts most potent hemp oil offering, perfect for preventative care against a wide range of disorders like diabetes and obesity. With this product, you can regulate your appetite, sleep better, and even find yourself less stressed out and much calmer.
The single-minded focus on developing a limited, yet highly effective product range has paid off in the case of CBDPure Hemp Oil, as it has superior overall quality and its highly effective. The product is made exclusively using Danish hemp grown locally overseas. The plants grown and nurtured in such farms are 100% organic, free from harmful chemicals, and purer than others. It is also packed with higher CBD concentrations.
Another interesting fact when it comes to CBD is that oil without green tints indicates higher quality. Green CBD oil is a clear indication of chlorophyll within the product, meaning that the plant content wasn’t properly filtered. In the case of CBDPure Hemp oil, the end product has a golden-yellow color, which only goes to show its high quality.
What We Like About This Product:
- CBDPure Hemp Oil comes with third-party lab tests that go a long way for quality assurance. It also ensures consistency in the product. In the case of this product, there are tests including ones for cannabinoid profiling, microbiological screening, pesticide testing, residual solvent testing, and even terpene analysis. This exhaustive list of investigative tests helps ensure that you get a superior quality, consistently effective product.
- The manufacturers employ the CO2 method of CBD extraction. This process is chemical-free and doesn’t cause any downgrade to the cannabinoid profile of the end product.
- Users who are fans of purity have a lot to rejoice for with this product. The hemp oil tastes very hemp-y and has an earthy flavor and fragrance. When you compare it with other products, it is mellower, smoother and certainly won’t burden your taste buds. This may be an advantage to many, but if you don’t like hemp-flavored products, this may not be for you.
- The super selective nature of the manufacturers when it comes to sourcing is another plus.
- CBDPure Hemp Oil is available only in the oil form. This is awesome for fans of orally consumed CBD, but if you want to vape CBD or consume other edibles, CBDPure isn’t the right choice.
- The brand’s customer service is among the best in the industry, but they can’t ship to Kansas, Indiana, Arkansas or Lousiana.
6) Green Roads CBD
Effective For Treating and Managing: Chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, depression, regulating sleep disorders, mood swings, etc.
- Green Roads CBD oil is formulated by an experienced pharmacist, ensuring a unique and effective product.
- 100% pure CBD source without any flavonoids or plant material.
- Cannabidiol is extracted using the CO2 extraction method for a higher quality end product.
- It is reasonably priced as compared to other products in the same category.
We really like the ‘there is always a natural alternative’ philosophy that powers the Green Roads company. What’s even more amazing is their claim of having served over 1,000,000 customers with their wide range of products!
Established by an experienced pharmacist in 2011, this native Floridian brand is undoubtedly among the best in the present market. Given how effective and fast-acting their CBD oil is, we’ve placed it among the top seven best CBD oils for all your problems.
Green Roads CBD oil is handcrafted with the CO2 extraction process and by using only the highest-quality hemp. Thes strict checks ensure that you get only pure CBD concentrate without any harmful additives. They make sure to winterize the isolate extract before infusing it into the end product, leading to superior quality. This extra step ensures that you don’t end up with a product that has plant residue, or any unwanted cannabinoid remains. Additionally, the Green Roads isolate doesn’t have any flavonoids, THC, terpenoids or miscellaneous plant residue, making it a pure CBD source.
Since it is a 100% pure source of CBD, you can use this product for virtually any ailment. Right from those who want help losing weight, to those looking to quell their anxiety, this CBD oil by Green Roads is an amazing option.
What We Like About This Product –
- An experienced and licensed pharmacist came up with the formulation for Green Roads CBD oil. When you consider this and combine the fact that this product uses a unique extraction process, it ensures a high-quality and super concentrated product.
- The CBD concentration in Green Rods CBD oil is higher as they use a solventless extraction process.
- As per the official website, the manufacturers conduct tests to check for microbial contamination, herbicides, heavy metals, pesticides, and many others. This extensive attention to details and the unique manufacturing process gives this product an edge over others.
- This product has a murky white color as they mix it up with vegetable glycerine. This is a benefit as it allows users to consume CBD through a vape or even sublingually. However, it does affect the taste negatively, making it the wrong choice for people with a sensitive palate.
7) Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil
Effective For Treating and Managing: Chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures accompanying Dravet’s syndrome, anxiety, depression, etc.
- One of the most potent CBD oil products available in the market currently.
- Best choice for tackling the seizures that accompany Dravet’s syndrome and epilepsy, as well as chronic pain.
- High in natural cannabinoid content as compared to competitors.
- Premium pricing makes it difficult for everyone to avail the benefits.
Charlotte’s Web has become one of the most widely know and publicized brands as far as CBD is concerned, and we’re sure no list would be complete without this product’s entry. Thanks to extensive coverage by the media, Charlotte’s Web is now widely known for its anti-epileptic properties. This CBD oil is, without a doubt, extremely effective in combating epileptic seizures that are a result of Dravet’s Syndrome. However, it can also be used for any other ailment that you wish you prevent, treat, or manage.
Charlotte’s Web CBD oil can be used effectively for chronic joint pain, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis; pain accompanying chemotherapy, pain as a result of fibromyalgia and ever general body pain. This CBD oil’s natural cannabinoid content is very high and of superior quality. This makes it a great option for treating young children, teens, and even older people.
What We Like About This Product:
- Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil is crafted using whole hemp plant extracts. So apart from its CBD content of around 500mg, it also contains amino acids, CBC, CBN, CBG, phytonutrients and even terpenes. This cocktail of useful compounds helps Charlotte’s Web act even more effectively on the ECS system in the body.
- People who have not found a huge difference with other CBD brands may find that Charlotte’s Web helps them with their ailments.
- The manufacturers of this product offer a 15% discount to military veterans, making it possible to make an otherwise expensive product more accessible.
- When we compare it to its competitors, Charlotte’s Web is surely more pricey. While the product’s quality is surely up to the mark, the steep price tag might make it impossible for man people to buy it. In this case, any of the other brands on the list make a good alternative.
- The shipping may be free, but it takes a long time to be delivered. Orders can get delayed and are usually late. So if you are someone who requires a regular supply of CBD to tackle serious conditions, this can cause unwanted complications.
How to Use CBD Oil
When it comes to the right CBD dosage, there is no universal answer. The main reason for this is that factors such as ailment, body weight, type of CBD product etc. make a huge difference to your dose. There isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ approach when it comes to CBD oil. There are many different preferences to account for as well.
With that being said, it is always best to stick to the manufacturer’s instructions when determining the perfect CBD oil dosage for your body. There are a wide variety of different consumption methods for CBD. Let’s take a look at some of the most widely preferred methods.
Sublingual CBD Drops: Such products are ubiquitous as they are straightforward and uncomplicated to consume. In the case of sublingually consumed drops, you just need to place the recommended dosage of CBD oil via a dropper under your tongue. You should give it a few seconds to get absorbed. This method starts showing effect reasonably quickly.
CBD Edibles: CBD edibles are those foods or snacks that are prepared with the inclusion of CBD oil n the recipe. Edibles are usually preferred by those who don’t like the taste of hemp-y or earthy oils. You will find cookies, brownies, candies, and even salad dressings with CBD in them f you’re looking for options. However, unlike sublingually consumed CBD oil, this method will take time to show any noticeable effects.
CBD Gummies and Capsules: Remember those multivitamin chewies from your childhood? The CBD edible gummies and capsules are just like that! They are an excellent way of consuming the recommended daily dose of CBD without having to suffer through the hemp-y taste of some CBD oils. While they are easy to drink, it may take time to notice the effects.
CBD Topical Creams: Topical CBD creams take a considerable amount of time to produce an effect. However, these work best for skin problems or ailments. To use a CBD topical cream, you simply need to massage it on the affected area. Remember that the effects of such creams don’t last for as long as any product you consume orally.
CBD Vapes: If you aren’t a fan of ingesting CBD, vaping it may be an alternative you can consider. Many CBD oil alternatives are specially formulated in e-liquid format. With such products, all you need is a vape and a few drops of the product. You’ll notice almost instantaneous results with CBD vaping.
Legality of CBD Oil
These days finding CBD in even the most unexpected products – lip balms, ointment etc. – has become commonplace. There are entire product ranges of CBD products for a variety of uses, and even products for your pets! In such a scenario, there is no doubt that CBD is legal.
CBD is obtained from the cannabis plant. Both hemp and marijuana plants contain this cannabinoid but owing to differences in the psychoactivity and free availability; hemp plants are used in most cases. In fact, you’ll notice that this is an industry practice and one that ensures the best quality of CBD extract. Hemp is entirely legal in all fifty states of the USA. By extension, CBD extracted from hemp is also legal in the country.
The reason hemp is so freely permitted for use is that it contains low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). As you may know, THC is the compound that causes psychoactive effects. Since CBD doesn’t cause any psychoactivity or hallucinatory effects, it is fully legal for use. Additionally, cannabidiol isn’t habit-forming or likely to cause dependency with regular use like many prescription medicines can.
CBD products’ lack of psychoactive properties makes it a substance not pertinent to the DEA’s Controlled Substances Act. Additionally, the CBD industry is booming like never before! As per Forbes, the CBD industry could hit a net worth of almost $2.2 billion by next year. Given how popular and widely-accepted the research-backed effects of CBD are, this is no surprise.
The Side Effects of CBD Oil
Different substances will have a different effect on our bodies, owing to individual differences in physiology. So, if you want to start with CBD oil or any other CBD product for any ailment, it is best to be cautious of any potential risks and side effects you may face. To be honest, there is no significant side effect or health risk associated with CBD. However, you may feel some unpleasant side effects that include:
Drowsiness or Sleepiness
People who want to deal with severe conditions like chronic pain or seizures are surely going to take larger doses of CBD. In such cases, owing to the large quantity, you may end up feeling drowsy or sleepy. CBD’s calming properties are excellent for inducing relaxation, lowering stress, and even diminishing anxiety levels. However, if you take more than a certain amount, it may cause you to feel groggy.
CBD oil is used by people to deal with migraines and chronic headaches. However, some people will notice that consuming CBD gives them headaches. The main reason is that our bodies process the cannabinoid in different ways. Additionally, CBD-caused headaches are usually because of cheap products and improperly filtered oils. If CBD oil gives you headaches, it is best to change the brand you use.
Dry Mouth (Cotton-mouth)
Usually, you’ll find that cotton mouth happens to those who smoke marijuana. However, in some cases, the way CBD acts on your salivary glands may cause you to have dry mouth symptoms. To be a step ahead of this, ensure you drink plenty of water after consuming any CBD product.
Nausea or Vomiting
There are no concrete reports out there which show that CBD causes nausea. However, some individuals have found themselves nauseous or even vomiting after ingesting a significant amount to CBD. The best way to avoid this is to pace yourself and start with a small dosage.
Lowered Blood Pressure Rates
Studies show how CBD oil can have a positive impact on cardiovascular troubles. It is well-known for its ability to lower blood pressure. While that is a boon to many, people with low blood pressure should be careful to consume small doses to prevent any significant blood pressure fluctuations.
Lightheadedness or Dizziness
In the case of some people, the way CBD reacts with the ECS system can cause them to feel dizzy or faint. Additionally, if your blood pressure plummets, you’ll feel dizzy or even pass out. To avoid this, start with smaller doses of product and gradually increase it until you find the right dosage for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will CBD Oil cause me to get high?
No, CBD oil doesn’t contain any psychoactive compounds, allowing you to go about your day without any hindrance.
- What is the difference between isolates and full-spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD contains other cannabinoids apart from CBD, including a trace amount of THC. Isolates only contain CBD.
- What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil?
Any oil derived from the hemp plant is hemp oil, whereas only hemp oil with cannabidiol is CBD oil.
- Will CBD oil cause me to fail a drug test?
Unless our CBD oil contains trace amounts of THC, there is no risk of failing a drug test. However, to prevent any problems, stick to isolates.
- What should I look for to make sure I buy the best CBD oil?
Ensure that the hemp for the CBD oil is sourced from organic farms. Additionally, pick brands that opt from third-party lab tests and employ the CO2 method of extraction.